Seeking more info about the animals I care for

I can help you with crested geckos and leopard geckos.

Crested Gecko Care (How I take care of mine and i sent this to a friend so thats why theres info about my gecks on it)

Cresties are considered a beginner gecko. They do tolerate handleing but not all of them enjoy it.
They are nocturnal. But will sometimes come out during the day.
They need to be house in atleast a 18x18x18 (minimum) terrarium. It needs to be tall. Cresteds are aboreal. You can also house them in a tub. but it needs to be set up so it's vertical instead of horizontal. No lights are requiered. No heating pad is requiered. Both of my geckos are house in their own 18x18x24 cage and are doing amazing. Of course, the bigger the cage the better. Just not overly big. (The 18x18x24 is ideal). You can house females together but there is a chance that they won't get along. DO NOT house males together or males and females unless you want babies. They like plants and climbing decor. Humidity needs to be around 90% at night and 45-50% during the day. You need to mist the cages because cresties rarely drink out of a water bowl. They usually lick water up from leaves. Also, paper towels are recomended for substrate but if you want a more naturalistic look then you can use Peat moss or Eco earth. Generally you need 50% of the cage to be climbing stuff and hides and the other 50% open space.
Females do lay infertile clutches so males are recomended for beginners.
They need to be fed Crested Gecko Diet at all times. Once every other week you can feed them gutloaded crickets dusted with calcium. DO NOT FEED THEM BABY FOOD!!! Baby food is dangerous for them. But the Crested Gecko Diet needs to be their maine source of food. It supplys all their nutritional needs. They do need a water bowl in their cage just to be safe. Also you can pair adult cresties up in trios, like 1.2. (1 male adult and 2 female adults.) A trio would live comfortably in a 18x18x24 cage.

Leopard Gecko Care

They need at least a 20 gallon tank. Use paper towels or stone/tile as a substrate. Water bowl and food bowl. They need a heating pad, one side of the cage has to be about 95 degrees and the other side has to be 75 degrees. You need a minimum of 3 hides. One of those has to be a moist hide. and they eat bugs. That's pretty much all for them. They're extremely easy to care for. Also they dont mind handeling.

Thanks! I'm actually going to post another thread about crested geckos soon, so look out for it. I have a few specific questions and I want to post a separate thread about them because I know a lot of other forum members have cresties, and I want to get as many opinions as possible.

Thanks for the info :)

Thanks! I'm actually going to post another thread about crested geckos soon, so look out for it. I have a few specific questions and I want to post a separate thread about them because I know a lot of other forum members have cresties, and I want to get as many opinions as possible.

Thanks for the info :)

forsure. will do

Back
Top Bottom