New Member/ Need General Advice

By request...more pics! :)

The first is a closeup and visual of normal cage color. The second is of the speckled color he sometimes gets while climbing around.

Attachments

• DSCN3962.jpg
    DSCN3962.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN4023.jpg
    DSCN4023.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 126
These are of the updated habitats: with second bulb, foliage, and bedding.
...and yes, he is sleeping. :)

Attachments

• DSCN4028.jpg
    DSCN4028.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCN4029.jpg
    DSCN4029.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 120
Its great that you're trying to make the enclosure better, but he still needs way more foliage. I would take a picture of mine, but my little guy is asleep and I don't want to wake him up! Check out some of the enclosures in the Enclosures and supplies section. There you will see what is appropriate.

Hope I helped. :)

edit: Heres a link to the section.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/enclosures-supplies/

First is closeup of feet, second of underbelly, third is him sleeping.

Attachments

• DSCN4025.jpg
    DSCN4025.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN4026.jpg
    DSCN4026.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN4031.jpg
    DSCN4031.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 165
Yea, I'm trying to get some live plant in there to help with the humidity too. Thank you for your help! All is appreciated!! :)

oh thanks! :)
I was afraid that because he was just brown, tan, and pale green that he was dehydrated! But I suppose he's okay. I mist him and the cage all the time!

...and I do turn out all the lights at night. I just turned these on for a moment to get the pics up here.
Yes, at night turn off all the lights.
oh thanks! :)
I was afraid that because he was just brown, tan, and pale green that he was dehydrated! But I suppose he's okay. I mist him and the cage all the time!
No problem!

Usually you can tell that they're dehydrated when their eyes are sunken in. Much like the one I am providing in the link below. (This is an EXTREME case)

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=dehydrated+chameleon&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&rls=en&biw=1300&bih=598&tbm=isch&tbnid=dyASeqz_mR9RuM:&imgrefurl=http://chamworld.blogspot.com/2008/01/health-section-dehydration.html&docid=TBKh8TbSb0S1dM&w=320&h=240&ei=ULh6TveAMYiSgQePxoDGAQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=605&vpy=294&dur=739&hovh=192&hovw=256&tx=122&ty=179&page=3&tbnh=105&tbnw=140&start=41&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:41

edit: Also forgot to mention that the urates should be white. If they are orange or yellow, that is also a sign of dehydration.

btw, does anyone know what my cham is exactly?
I was told he was a male veiled but some people on here think it could also be a female and panther??

Looks like a male Senegal to me.
What brand and type (spiral, compact, long linear tube, etc.) UVB light are you using?

You need to gutload/feed your insects a better diet IMHO.
Does your calcium contain phosphorus or D3 or vitamin A?

Sorry...don't know what the black powder looking stuff in the back of his throat is.

Last edited:
btw, does anyone know what my cham is exactly?
I was told he was a male veiled but some people on here think it could also be a female and panther??

It's definitely no Veiled, after that I can't help you much, despite enjoying the pretty pictures I'm not certain about Panthers at all.......and people do seem to get a bit precious about their expensive sub-species..........apart from to tell you a few other things it definitely isn't (Parsons, Jacksons, etc, lol)

Back
Top Bottom