How's my Nosy Look?

Tydis

2000941732361607831_rs.jpg

He is about 2.5-3 months old.

He look healthy?
I'll get better pictures up asap.

Also, he seems to take little five minute naps every now and then. Is this normal or something i should keep an eye on?

Last edited:
He is about 2.5-3 months old.

He look healthy?
I'll get better pictures up asap.

Also, he seems to take little five minute naps every now and then. Is this normal or something i should keep an eye on?

IGNORE THIS FOR NOW UNTIL I GET A RE-SIZED PICTURE UP.

can't wait :p

Yes, that is most definitely not normal. Chameleons should only be sleeping at night.

Yes, that is most definitely not normal. Chameleons should only be sleeping at night.

It may not even be a nap, just closes his eyes for around 30 seconds to a min, then opens them and moves around again. This happens around once over other day.

If it is something to be concerned about what could be some of the causes?

It may not even be a nap, just closes his eyes for around 30 seconds to a min, then opens them and moves around again. This happens around once over other day.

If it is something to be concerned about what could be some of the causes?

Closing his eyes is different than taking a nap. Just out of curiosity what kind of UVB/A light are you using?

Your boy........

Also, from the picture it looks like he is getting ready to shed. Is this the case? The picture makes it look like his skin has a white cast to it. If he is close to a shed he may close his eyes for short periods of time because the dry pre-shed skin is uncomfortable. Please confirm whether or not he is in a pre-shed state.........

Closing his eyes is different than taking a nap.
I plan on being home most of the day tomorrow to study for finals, I'll keep an eye on him to make sure he is just closing his eyes for a tad.

Sorry, I should have picked my words more carefully.

Just out of curiosity what kind of UVB/A light are you using?

ReptiSun 5.0 for UVB

Also, from the picture it looks like he is getting ready to shed. Is this the case? The picture makes it look like his skin has a white cast to it. If he is close to a shed he may close his eyes for short periods of time because the dry pre-shed skin is uncomfortable. Please confirm whether or not he is in a pre-shed state.........

This is my first chameleon so I'm not entirely sure, however I don't believe he is in pre-shed state.
In the picture he was just under the basking bulb, could be the cause of the whiteness, right now he is sleeping (obviously) and I see no whiteness in his skin tone.

I'll take more pictures tomorrow and post them and hopefully you all can shed more light to me on if he is about to shed or not.

So other than the (possible) shedding everything looking good and healthy?

Thanks for the help so far everyone

EDIT: I just read this article about Compact fluorescent UVB bulbs and I'm guessing this could be the cause of my little guy's (possible) eyes closing issue, it will be replaced with a strip when I get paid on Friday.
Of course, I do just have it sitting on top of the cage, and being young, my little guy does like to climb the screen ceiling. I was not sure if this was an issue until reading that article. You think just raising it to ~12 inches from the ceiling would be just as good as replacing it with a strip?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom