How old do I look?

Thanks Ghostbirb I’m also a new veiled Chameleon keeper.
I hope some of the things I asked about will help u with questions you might have! The community here is amazing and they are so kind when you need guidance! There are so many people who can help u with question and stuff as they also have helped me so much! So again, welcome to the forum!

Hello, ok, I got more sticks and added them into the cage. Anymore advice on it?
4906D13A-311E-4E35-AE2D-FECD8004A624.jpeg

Hello! You’ve done a great job with your upgrades!! Nice work!

Perhaps your final adjustments will come once you get all the lighting in place, especially when you see where the basking light is etc. Our female veiled prefers to spend most of her time in the top to mid range with varied excursions to lower places. Your cham might feel a little more comfortable with a little plant cover somewhere on her new branch network as it’s quite exposed up there. But I’m not an expert, and each cham is different. What you have already done is really great:)

And here I am again with questions! ;)
So I found a kind of Temperature gauge in my house and I’m using it to keep check the temps of the new cage. So I was wonder, what are the best temps for a chameleon?
The new cage is currently at 74 degrees F at the bottom and 78 at the top of the cage. (This drops to like high 60s at night). This temp is without the lighting, Nachitos current basking spot is like 84 degrees F in her current cage. So if this is to hot, what would be the best way to cool it. (Note the temp might fluctuate thought the day due to the sun shining though my windows more in the afternoon)

What do you guys think about the temps?

Edit: also I currently can’t seem to get humidity much above 30ish degrees F durning the day and at night. How do you think I might be able to increase that at night?

And here I am again with questions! ;)
So I found a kind of Temperature gauge in my house and I’m using it to keep check the temps of the new cage. So I was wonder, what are the best temps for a chameleon?
The new cage is currently at 74 degrees F at the bottom and 78 at the top of the cage. (This drops to like high 60s at night). This temp is without the lighting, Nachitos current basking spot is like 84 degrees F in her current cage. So if this is to hot, what would be the best way to cool it. (Note the temp might fluctuate thought the day due to the sun shining though my windows more in the afternoon)

What do you guys think about the temps?

Edit: also I currently can’t seem to get humidity much above 30ish degrees F durning the day and at night. How do you think I might be able to increase that at night?
Ideal basking temp is no higher than 80-81. You could try a lower wattage bulb or elevate the light a couple of inches above the enclosure. Your night temps are great! You can use a cool mist humidifier at night to boost humidity, but never use a humidifier during the day when temps are high. That is a risk for respiratory infection. 30% humidity during the day is fine. Live plants will increase and maintain humidity. If you need to, you can use a shower curtain or insulating window film that shrinks to fit on the outside of 1-3 sides of the enclosure.

Ideal basking temp is no higher than 80-81. You could try a lower wattage bulb or elevate the light a couple of inches above the enclosure. Your night temps are great! You can use a cool mist humidifier at night to boost humidity, but never use a humidifier during the day when temps are high. That is a risk for respiratory infection. 30% humidity during the day is fine. Live plants will increase and maintain humidity. If you need to, you can use a shower curtain or insulating window film that shrinks to fit on the outside of 1-3 sides of the enclosure.
Just curious, anyway to boost humidity at night with just mistking or would that not work 🤔

Just curious, anyway to boost humidity at night with just mistking or would that not work 🤔
Yes, there is. Depending on your ambient humidity and temp, you can set some 15-20 second mistings thru the night. Since I can’t achieve a good temp drop at night, I run only two…around midnight and 4 AM. I haven’t measured what that brings my humidity to, but I’d guess somewhere around 60-70%.

Yes, there is. Depending on your ambient humidity and temp, you can set some 15-20 second mistings thru the night. Since I can’t achieve a good temp drop at night, I run only two…around midnight and 4 AM. I haven’t measured what that brings my humidity to, but I’d guess somewhere around 60-70%.
Ok awesome! I’ll try that!

With your girl max basking would be 80 so your looking like 78 ish at the branch. Best way to adjust temp is getting a lower wattage basking bulb or raising the fixture up higher. You want a gauge with a wired probe to be zip tied in on the basking branch below the heat. Your hybrid cage will hold heat but when ambient temps in the room drop it will slowly drop the cage temp as well.

With your girl max basking would be 80 so your looking like 78 ish at the branch. Best way to adjust temp is getting a lower wattage basking bulb or raising the fixture up higher. You want a gauge with a wired probe to be zip tied in on the basking branch below the heat. Your hybrid cage will hold heat but when ambient temps in the room drop it will slowly drop the cage temp as well.
Ok, so I checked the temps, the thing is, it drops to 79 degrees when later the sun isn’t shining in my room. So it was that hot due to the sun light. I’ll definitely measure the temperature in the new cage and rise the light if needed. Can you show me an example of the wired probe? I do t think I understand what you mean by that.

Also off topic, but the feeder is coming today and I’ll hopefully be able to move Nachito into her new home this afternoon!

Back
Top Bottom