How old do I look?

Ok, so I checked the temps, the thing is, it drops to 79 degrees when later the sun isn’t shining in my room. So it was that hot due to the sun light. I’ll definitely measure the temperature in the new cage and rise the light if needed. Can you show me an example of the wired probe? I do t think I understand what you mean by that.

Also off topic, but the feeder is coming today and I’ll hopefully be able to move Nachito into her new home this afternoon!
This is one type.
https://www.chewy.com/zoo-med-digit...8FhW5bT2lUjPUcZzgiSLzjqPQoedEWiYaAr3hEALw_wcB F6706DF1-BD8C-4C0F-9FC0-40CAA1FFBF3D.jpeg

Ok, so I checked the temps, the thing is, it drops to 79 degrees when later the sun isn’t shining in my room. So it was that hot due to the sun light. I’ll definitely measure the temperature in the new cage and rise the light if needed. Can you show me an example of the wired probe? I do t think I understand what you mean by that.

Also off topic, but the feeder is coming today and I’ll hopefully be able to move Nachito into her new home this afternoon!
So the cage is not near the window right? Or are you talking about your ambient temps rising in the room from the sun?

You can use one like this https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Digital-Terrarium-Thermometer/dp/B000MD3MFA

Then I wrap the cord around the branch a few times and secure the probe to the side of the branch with a zip tie. Like this. With the probe to the side he rarely covers it when he basks.

IMG_6996.jpg

So the cage is not near the window right? Or are you talking about your ambient temps rising in the room from the sun?

You can use one like this https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Digital-Terrarium-Thermometer/dp/B000MD3MFA

Then I wrap the cord around the branch a few times and secure the probe to the side of the branch with a zip tie. Like this. With the probe to the side he rarely covers it when he basks.

View attachment 321989
Her current cage is on the opposite side of the room from the window that lets the light in, the new cage is in a corner next to the window.
image.jpg

Her current cage is on the opposite side of the room from the window that lets the light in, the new cage is in a corner next to the window. View attachment 321990
So that will increase temps in the enclosure. I would just make sure you leave the blinds closed when direct sun is coming through. I have the same type of placement in my room so in the morning when I get full sun on that window I just leave the blinds and curtain closed until about noon when the sun is no longer directly on the window. This keeps my ambient levels a bit more stable.

So that will increase temps in the enclosure. I would just make sure you leave the blinds closed when direct sun is coming through. I have the same type of placement in my room so in the morning when I get full sun on that window I just leave the blinds and curtain closed until about noon when the sun is no longer directly on the window. This keeps my ambient levels a bit more stable.
Ok, I think the best option for me is blinds closed (they are most of the time) and keeping my door open so the room doesn’t trap the heat in, then we will see what happens

Here is another thought in case it’s helpful. As we were building and adjusting our set up for our own first (and only!) cham, and trying to continually improve it, we noticed she was uncomfortable because she couldn’t grasp some of the branches because they were too big for her feet to grasp securely and we didn’t have enough network below her in case she needed a backup . When we put in smaller width branches she was sure footed and more comfortable. She has lots of small branches and vines in there so it might not apply to you at all, but just offer in case it’s at all helpful, especially if she is a little weaker at this beginning point. All the best! You’ve done a wonderful job. ☺️

I’ve also been giving her calcium without D3 with her meals and going to give her Calcium with D3 on the first and 15th of each month
Ok just watch her limbs and make sure the deformity does not get worse. Now that she has the right UVB lighting and supplementation it should stop the progression.

I hope some of the things I asked about will help u with questions you might have! The community here is amazing and they are so kind when you need guidance! There are so many people who can help u with question and stuff as they also have helped me so much! So again, welcome to the forum!
Thank you very much.

View attachment 321989
So I ended up getting this not sure how to set it up though
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom