Help gravid female

Discussion in 'Chameleon Breeding' started by Ambichameleous, Nov 20, 2018.

1. ERKleRose

ERKleRose Chameleon Enthusiast

I never said 10.0
    Sorry, usually if people have basking bulbs, they usually have the ceramic heat emitter at night

2. Look I’m sorry but I assure you I’ve delved into a lot of research , and work with one of the few vets willing to handle exotics if you have serious input I’m willing to listen but if you want to be rude and instill hype for no reason I’ll take down the post don’t worry

3. ERKleRose

4. ERKleRose

I gave you serious input

5. No you really didn’t you just argued without even reading anything and then tried to tell me I’m in the wrong with what medical expertise ?

6. ERKleRose

Edit; basking spot should actually be closer to 82-83*F

7. ERKleRose

There’s input, if you read the caresheet, it’d be backed up by it

8. ERKleRose

9. no if you read any article it will tell you top of cage 90 bottom 70

10. ERKleRose

Did you read the female part?

Kiraral likes this.
  11. ERKleRose

Here:
    Also, a male’s temperature at his basking spot is optimal between 85-87*F

Attached Files:

12. You mean where people recommend less feeding and a lower ambient temperature to reduce the possibility of producing eggs?!

13. ERKleRose

Bill Stand and Petr Necas’ panther chameleon caresheet is also very informative. It’s on the Chameleon Enthusiasts FaceBook page, give me a second, and I’ll link it

14. Also should have said 90* not 95

15. ERKleRose

that’s to produce less eggs so it’s less taxing on the female

16. But for you to go into specifics when I gave a roundabout number that is CLEARLY in the appropriate zone

#36 Ambichameleous, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  17. also I’m curious what medical professional said that altering an animals natural chemistry by force is “less taxing”

18. ERKleRose

Laying less eggs is obviously less taxing because it doesn’t take up as much calcium or strength to lay

19. I’m sorry but I’ve read several articles regarding that the life expectancy of females is all over the place because of it, and the more recent f-8s and so on that everyone gets are much hardier then the predecessors and perpetuating the hype of being egg bound isn’t as common as the internet makes it seem but wouldn’t a lower temperature and her producing less eggs be a sign that she’s not healthy ?