Help gravid female

Also I raise my own crickets and have them gut loaded and fed to help meet the daily needs instead of the daily dusting, I’ve for some reason had issues with daily dusting my males don’t care for the dust and won’t eat them if I do it everyday

Last edited:
Also light is 5.0 and when the daylight blue expires halogen white lights are better than incandescent at providing an even heat , and have them ready for when the blue ones done

However will provide more cover as she grows, but didn’t want to give her food too many hiding places atm as she’s still eating every day ,(not sure if that’s normal?) also I follow the misting of the morning dew before the lights turn on , and then just do it periodically throughout the day I’d say about 7-8 times for roughly 30-45 seconds I use an analog gauge on hers right now but have digital gun I use to check the cages and my eggs so I make sure the humidity is appropriate

Filling out the form will help organize your info better. Mistings should be a minimum of 2 minutes long each time. What do you gutload with? It is important for a female to get extra calcium, I would dust every feeding. I’ll let @Matt Vanilla Gorilla take it from here

And the two minute thing I’ve only done in the morning, I didn’t know it needed to be done every time, is this just to ensure that there’s water on every surface to drink because the amount I mist maintains the humidity well with the live plants and stuff ?

And the two minute thing I’ve only done in the morning, I didn’t know it needed to be done every time, is this just to ensure that there’s water on every surface to drink because the amount I mist maintains the humidity well with the live plants and stuff ?
2 minutes ensures that your chameleon’s drinking response has kicked in, though for panthers, 5 minutes is preferred. Make sure to have a working drainage system, though! Everywhere should be saturated, but especially plants for water droplets to form for your chameleon to drink, and gently mist your cham so they can cleanse their eyes

As long as you correct your husbandry and always work on it and learn more, just go from there.

So if males don’t like to eat crickets with dust how can I supplement them with the calcium if they’re not getting enough from the gut load?

The oldest male I’ve had for years now he just eats crickets, Dubias on occasion and super worms after I remove the head, the younger boy , hatchling female, eat smaller
Crickets and fruit flies, this girl I’ve offered her crickets only so far, at what point in gestation does she usually stop eating ?

Add in more variety, your chams will thank you! Remember to feed appropriately sized feeders! Silkworms, hornworms, butterworms, black soldier flies and larvae, blue bottle flies and spikes, isopods, bean beetles, rice flour beetles, helix aspersa, roaches (red runner, orange headed, ivory headed, green banana, etc), mantids, stick insects, painted lady butterflies, and horn, silk, and waxworm moths, to name a few

Haha can do I’ve just always been afraid to add things after hearing horror stories of things biting intestinal walls or causing mouth rot

Update hasn’t laid yet, still eating and drinking well, took in for a routine check up she’s in good health :) also added more decoration , more coming

Attachments

• 2EA26707-D181-4A53-B7BD-127F4F8497CB.jpeg
    2EA26707-D181-4A53-B7BD-127F4F8497CB.jpeg
    438.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 4D99CA84-5FCB-4250-B1A0-91A4153EC719.jpeg
    4D99CA84-5FCB-4250-B1A0-91A4153EC719.jpeg
    357 KB · Views: 99
  • A815ED65-1680-47E6-B2D2-04381D019AE6.jpeg
    A815ED65-1680-47E6-B2D2-04381D019AE6.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 92
Back
Top Bottom