HELP ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parents did this poor chameleon and especially their child a huge disservice. This is NOT how you teach love, care, compassion, and responsibility. Having pets and caring for them to the best of your ability is one of the best things you can do as parents. This is such a sad situation.

OP, I’m very sorry that you were unable to get your parents to listen, but I'm glad you made it to the vet this morning and had her put down, it was the most humane thing to do.

My son is 15 and our chameleon Maxwell is technically his, but we care for him together since I understand that chameleons require very specific care and husbandry and he doesn’t have the knowledge or means to provide for him on his own. I’m sorry that your parents don’t understand this, but since they don’t, it would be best for you to re-home your male now so that something like this doesn't happen again with you being unable to provide emergency care when needed.

The parents did this poor chameleon and especially their child a huge disservice. This is NOT how you teach love, care, compassion, and responsibility. Having pets and caring for them to the best of your ability is one of the best things you can do as parents. This is such a sad situation.

OP, I’m very sorry that you were unable to get your parents to listen, but I'm glad you made it to the vet this morning and had her put down, it was the most humane thing to do.

My son is 15 and our chameleon Maxwell is technically his, but we care for him together since I understand that chameleons require very specific care and husbandry and he doesn’t have the knowledge or means to provide for him on his own. I’m sorry that your parents don’t understand this, but since they don’t, it would be best for you to re-home your male now so that something like this doesn't happen again with you being unable to provide emergency care when needed.
okay thanks

I’m very sorry that you lost your cham and that all of this ever happened to you. I’m also sorry if I seemed harsh. I realize that you are only 13 and are at your parents mercy to get your animal to the vet. I believe you did try to convince your parents to help. However, as this experience has shown, your parents are unwilling (or unable) to help you with an animal emergency at inconvenient times. This is why I still believe that you should find someone to take your boy cham...someone who is able to run him to the vet if having a night time emergency. When you are older and in a better position to get emergency help for an animal, you can get another. If having animals has taught me anything, it’s that their emergencies never happen at a convenient time. I wish you peace.

@Flacon67 since your parents don’t care it’s time to do 1 of 2 things. 1. Step up and get a job. Any job even delivering newspapers or cutting grass so you can pay for vet bills. Or 2. As others have said give your chams to someone that can care for them.

Me being me I wouldn’t of cared what my parents said. I would of got on my bike last night and went to the vet and called my parents from there. Guaranteed they would come and have to pay. And get an explanation from the vet of why it’s an emergency.
Where can someone work legally at 13?

I obliviously don’t know the laws everywhere but I delivered newspapers and cut neighbours grass and shoveled driveways when I was like 10. I’m not saying they need a real full time job but there is things you can do.
gotchu, I thought you meant like a Full blown part time job.

@Flacon67 I'm sorry you lost your chameleon but you did the right thing...you had her put down so she wouldn't suffer any more. Tough on you that you had to go through all of this. Again so sorry.

@Flacon67 I'm sorry you lost your chameleon but you did the right thing...you had her put down so she wouldn't suffer any more. Tough on you that you had to go through all of this. Again so sorry.
you know ig it’s for the better, i wouldn’t know what to do, i’m tbh just making my mom/dad feel bad for sitting and watching tv then going saving a life it’s fine, and she will be put down soon as i was at school and couldn’t tell my mom what to do, she brought her home IDK why but then she said she would take her back. 87C4CD54-9080-4FF9-A0FD-B00BDB9E4B08.jpeg

Sorry for your
you know ig it’s for the better, i wouldn’t know what to do, i’m tbh just making my mom/dad feel bad for sitting and watching tv then going saving a life it’s fine, and she will be put down soon as i was at school and couldn’t tell my mom what to do, she brought her home IDK why but then she said she would take her back.View attachment 244595

Please get her back asap. She looks very dehydrated. You have not mentioned rehoming the male -- I am sure your vet would let you surrender him to them. My offer to speak to your parents on behalf of the animals still stands.

Please get her back asap. She looks very dehydrated. You have not mentioned rehoming the male -- I am sure your vet would let you surrender him to them. My offer to speak to your parents on behalf of the animals still stands.
um? this might change it, my dad just freaking pushed the intestines back in her

um? this might change it, my dad just freaking pushed the intestines back in her
PLEASE convince your parents to take you and your chameleon back to the vet to have her euthanized. Forcing her prolapse back inside her like that is inhumane at best. This isn't something you or they can fix, so either they pay for veterinary care or have her put down immediately. Please, your chameleon must be in pain and is at high risk for infection!

PLEASE convince your parents to take you and your chameleon back to the vet to have her euthanized. Forcing her prolapse back inside her like that is inhumane at best. This isn't something you or they can fix, so either they pay for veterinary care or have her put down immediately. Please, your chameleon must be in pain and is at high risk for infection!
well, if we took it to the vet which we did, they would have tried to push it back it same as us. and if not that’s when they would have put it down. so there is 0 difference as i see it, they tried to put it back in but they couldn’t maybe it pulled in a little bit or smaller

well, if we took it to the vet which we did, they would have tried to push it back it same as us. and if not that’s when they would have put it down. so there is 0 difference as i see it, they tried to put it back in but they couldn’t maybe it pulled in a little bit or smaller
Then stop posting your just upsetting ppl at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom