HELP ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter if it's a uterine prolapse or an intestinal one...it needs to be kept moist and rinsed off first by misting it. This has to be very painful for them. She needs a vet now.
looo i’ll call my mom, my sister turned the lights off what do i do next step please i’m like half panicin... so like first what do i got ima ask for a vet from my mom

looo i’ll call my mom, my sister turned the lights off what do i do next step please i’m like half panicin... so like first what do i got ima ask for a vet from my mom

AHHHH THEY WONT TAKE HER TONIGHt she gonna die if i don’t, ummm guys she gonna die and yeah. im rly sad rn. they won’t take her, at least not toniggt

I would mist it gently to see if that will clean it off and then use something like K-Y jelly on it to keep it moist until you can get it to the vet. Your mom will know what K-Y jelly is. The chameleon can't poop like this which only makes things worse. I hope she laid all her eggs before this happened. Let your mom read the posts so she can help you with all of this...it's a lot for a 13 year old to handle. Good luck!

I would mist it gently to see if that will clean it off and then use something like K-Y jelly on it to keep it moist until you can get it to the vet. Your mom will know what K-Y jelly is. The chameleon can't poop like this which only makes things worse. I hope she laid all her eggs before this happened. Let your mom read the posts so she can help you with all of this...it's a lot for a 13 year old to handle. Good luck!
thanks, idk if i got k-y jelly and her lights are off rn should i turn them back on to must it

Do what you need to see her regarding the lights. Tell your mom that I f she doesn't have K-Y jelly to use something that isn't meant to heal the area....so no Vaseline...no polysporin or such.
EA72DCA5-FCB1-4A33-9DD9-FAB89F163A98.jpeg
i don’t think i got k-y but could like carmex or like what else like i don’t know what to use

Good idea @Lennoncham ...I should have thought of that...but after its soaked in sugar water it will still have to be kept moist.
@Flacon67 sugar water could help shrink the part that is hanging out of your chameleon.

As for sugar water...a saturated sugar solution is used to take down swelling in the case of prolapses...and works quite well in most cases. Its usually a sugar solution that the vets have pre-made that is used but it should work okay if home-made properly too.

One thing is though...you have to watch that a fungal infection doesn't set in after the surgery.

Again...get your mom or an adult to read all of this and help you.

Also, please understand that even if you found something suitable to put on it, KY or otherwise, that is to give her a fighting chance WHILE you take her to the vet. This is not something you can treat yourself.

Also, please understand that even if you found something suitable to put on it, KY or otherwise, that is to give her a fighting chance WHILE you take her to the vet. This is not something you can treat yourself.
Look, idk if the vet is happening i just don’t have the will power. and trust me if i could go i would i don’t got too hr authorities so closest thing would be tmmr morning

If you can't go to a vet for treatment then you should go and have her put down so she won't be in pain. Don't do this yourself either...where are rules of humane euthanasia that need to be followed...and they are different for chameleons than other creatures.

If you can't go to a vet for treatment then you should go and have her put down so she won't be in pain. Don't do this yourself either...where are rules of humane euthanasia that need to be followed...and they are different for chameleons than other creatures.
why does this got to be so tuff, no way me being 13 putting down an animal no no no.

why does this got to be so tuff, no way me being 13 putting down an animal no no no.
Would you rather put your chameleon through the torture of literally having her insides hanging out of her?
I know it's hard, but you need to make an actual decision right now and stop just panicking. You're not doing anything for her by putting your needs before her own.

Would you rather put your chameleon through the torture of literally having her insides hanging out of her?
I know it's hard, but you need to make an actual decision right now and stop just panicking. You're not doing anything for her by putting your needs before her own.
it’s not that easy, one both parents asleep, 2 it’s 11:21 where i am like past curfew, ik i didn’t do anything wrong and rn i can’t fix it i don’t got any power in just as scared as the chameleon, i can’t do anything rn, but wait and at this point my dad is mad at me for waking up my mom twice already guys idk what to say

it’s not that easy, one both parents asleep, 2 it’s 11:21 where i am like past curfew, ik i didn’t do anything wrong and rn i can’t fix it i don’t got any power in just as scared as the chameleon, i can’t do anything rn, but wait and at this point my dad is mad at me for waking up my mom twice already guys idk what to say
Wake them again. Tell them that the animal that is under their care is going to die if they dont do something. Emergency vets exist for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom