HELP ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, if we took it to the vet which we did, they would have tried to push it back it same as us. and if not that’s when they would have put it down. so there is 0 difference as i see it, they tried to put it back in but they couldn’t maybe it pulled in a little bit or smaller

There is a HUGE difference between a medical professional doing this as opposed to your dad who has readily demonstrated that he does not care about this animal in the slightest. The poor thing is being forced to suffer so much more than she needs to

um? this might change it, my dad just freaking pushed the intestines back in her

That's terrifying. Please stop posting until you have found a solution for. Noone here can help you. A vet is the only option. Every second you are typing on here needs to be a second you help this poor animal.

Pushing it back in without veterinary care not helping her at all. I imagine that was horrific and painful for her.

I will not be on this thread anymore and I encourage others to stop posting as well. There is only one thing you need to do and that is to get her to the vet and leave her there and surrender your other chameleon. If your parents won't do it then you need to contact someone who will. A caring rescue will come to pick them up from your house. Please do not acquire any more animals. This is not a matter of feelings or what you "think" should happen -- this is neglect and this poor chameleon has suffered because of it.

The difference is that if the vet did it would have likely been done under anesthesia and a purse string suture would have made it so it won't just pop out again next time she poops.

I'm not Impressed that you said "we ended up putting her down, vet said to this morning" but it wasn't the truth. And you said he vet would have tried to push it back in...so why didn't he/she.

Beginning to think this is all trolling.

well, if we took it to the vet which we did, they would have tried to push it back it same as us. and if not that’s when they would have put it down. so there is 0 difference as i see it, they tried to put it back in but they couldn’t maybe it pulled in a little bit or smaller
You see zero difference? Here's the difference; the tissue is basically inside out. It needs to be reinserted in an anatomically correct position with pain management and possibly anesthesia in a sterile environment, and depending on the type of prolapse, surgery may be required. Simply shoving it back in and pretending that it worked because it's now inside is incredibly naive. I know you are only 13 but you are old enough to understand what I'm saying. Your chameleon is not fixed or well, your dad made a bad situation worse and it is now up to you to convince your parents that the only course of action is to take your chameleon back to the vet. Immediately.

Last edited:
enjoy 629429F4-9C2A-471C-B0EC-8A5E255BA952.png

I will not be on this thread anymore and I encourage others to stop posting as well. There is only one thing you need to do and that is to get her to the vet and leave her there and surrender your other chameleon. If your parents won't do it then you need to contact someone who will. A caring rescue will come to pick them up from your house. Please do not acquire any more animals. This is not a matter of feelings or what you "think" should happen -- this is neglect and this poor chameleon has suffered because of it.
Agree. I will not be replying anymore either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom