He is dying.

What’s your indoor temps ? If it’s 70s he will be ok . It’s late enough in the afternoon too .
It’s about 75 in my house rn. I think I am gonna have a talk with my parents tonight about giving Maverick to a chameleon rescue because it makes me so sad to see him all brown, in the corner of his cage, dehydrated, in a pool of water, with plastic plants, a single branch, humidity always changing, in a way too small cage(as I’m writing this, my power turned back on), with nothing I can do about it. And I hate knowing that it is 90+ degrees outside while I’m at school, and I can’t do anything to help him. I can’t properly take care of him, and he would have a better life at the reptile rescue, and it is just selfish for me to keep him when I know he would have a better quality of life somewhere else just because I love him

It’s about 75 in my house rn. I think I am gonna have a talk with my parents tonight about giving Maverick to a chameleon rescue because it makes me so sad to see him all brown, in the corner of his cage, dehydrated, in a pool of water, with plastic plants, a single branch, humidity always changing, in a way too small cage(as I’m writing this, my power turned back on), with nothing I can do about it. And I hate knowing that it is 90+ degrees outside while I’m at school, and I can’t do anything to help him. I can’t properly take care of him, and he would have a better life at the reptile rescue, and it is just selfish for me to keep him when I know he would have a better quality of life somewhere else just because I love him
It’s the right thing to find a home that can provide for him . I’m so very proud of you . This is such a mature decision . I’m sorry this is your first experience . Once you have more funds of your own and can properly set up a baby I sure hope you will try agin ❤️.

It’s the right thing to find a home that can provide for him . I’m so very proud of you . This is such a mature decision . I’m sorry this is your first experience . Once you have more funds of your own and can properly set up a baby I sure hope you will try agin ❤.
I am so upset right now because I just talked to my dad about giving Maverick to a resucue and he told me that I am just giving up because I don't feel like taking the time to care of him, and as he put it "you won't get up off your rear end and do your homework." He thinks that I am not taking care of my pet and that I m just giving up because I don't want to put in the effort. So, he toild me that if I don't have everything I need, then I just need o make do because he said "not everything is going to be handed to you, and sometimes you just have to make do with what you have."

I am so upset right now because I just talked to my dad about giving Maverick to a resucue and he told me that I am just giving up because I don't feel like taking the time to care of him, and as he put it "you won't get up off your rear end and do your homework." He thinks that I am not taking care of my pet and that I m just giving up because I don't want to put in the effort. So, he toild me that if I don't have everything I need, then I just need o make do because he said "not everything is going to be handed to you, and sometimes you just have to make do with what you have."
Love is there anyway he would join the site ?

I call him and ask, but I don't think he will. He's really stubborn and I was telling him that advice that you guys were giving me and he called you stupid. He is super stubborn, and thinks he knows evrerything, but I will call and ask
Maybe if you copy and past the tread . Do you think If he see’s this advice coming from many he might reconsider ?

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Dont let him confuse you, you are doing a wonderful job with your cham, better than some adults could do. You are being brave and mature and responsible. You should be proud of yourself, no matter the outcome.

Do you think I should put the carpet back in, because there’s water pooling on the floor of his cage from the dripper and the missing, and it’s leaking out of the cage, and I can’t dry it up fast enough before it fills up again

Do you have a plastic liner for a pot ? Like this .

1A5A988C-8F08-486F-AE11-BB9FFFA39B6F.jpeg
If so they work great . Add some scream over it so maverick can’t fall in it . You will need to clean it morning and evening . Turkey baster , shop vac both work . Till you can come up with a plan with your father .

I only have a terracotta one. Would that work too?
Yes just fine you need some screen . Or something to cover so the boy one does not fall in and 2 if anything like poop gets in with feeders your not breathing yuck for him . This is just temporary till you can chat with your father .

As a mother this situation really kills me. I just want to say you are trying to make a very mature grown up decision and I am sorry your father does not see that. You are not being anything but wonderful and trying to do all you can. Would expressing your concern with your mother work any better? Explaining that since you do not have everything he could die and that you do not want that to happen. I know my daughters father is very stern with her. I am the opposite in how I listen to her. Maybe if you could talk to your mother about it the same way you speak to the people here she will be able to see you being a very mature young lady.

Yes just fine you need some screen . Or something to cover so the boy one does not fall in and 2 if anything like poop gets in with feeders your not breathing yuck for him . This is just temporary till you can chat with your father .
I don’t have screen, is there an alternative?

As a mother this situation really kills me. I just want to say you are trying to make a very mature grown up decision and I am sorry your father does not see that. You are not being anything but wonderful and trying to do all you can. Would expressing your concern with your mother work any better? Explaining that since you do not have everything he could die and that you do not want that to happen. I know my daughters father is very stern with her. I am the opposite in how I listen to her. Maybe if you could talk to your mother about it the same way you speak to the people here she will be able to see you being a very mature young lady.
My mom follows what my dad says, and is dependent on him and I explained all that to her, and all she said was that I wasn’t going to give him to a rescue and just to talk to my dad. Thank you for being so understanding.♥️

I feel the same , she is at the mercy of parents . She has so much maturity so very proud of her . I’m hoping maybe dad will join the site . Maybe he would listen and or chat with a few of the gentlemen on the thread . Not that us ladies don’t know the care but maybe it would be received better from a man .

Back
Top Bottom