Hamburg reptile show 2/27/10

skyedog

Established Member
Anyone going to the Northwestern Berks Reptile Show tomorrow in Hamburg? I'll be stocking up on feeders and uvb's, but hopefully there will be a few chams there. If theres any jacksons, carpets, or melleri I just may grab one.

Anyone going to the Northwestern Berks Reptile Show tomorrow in Hamburg? I'll be stocking up on feeders and uvb's, but hopefully there will be a few chams there. If theres any jacksons, carpets, or melleri I just may grab one.

i was going to go but i have to work...so hopefully i will get to the one in April...i love going there...sucks i have to work:(

did you make it to the show??? if you did, what did ya get?:)

did you make it to the show??? if you did, what did ya get?:)

I made it there. I usually go to almost every one, and I have to say I think it was the most crowded yet. Not only was that entire parking lot full as usual, but they had the school buses shuttling people back and forth from the school parking lot 1/10th of a mile away. So at any given time there were just hordes of people there.

There were hardly any chameleons at the show. I saw 2 or 3 vendors with some veiled chameleons. One vendor had a subadult panther shoved in a small cup on a table. I saw one verrucosus and one graceful there too. There was also one vendor with some pretty nice looking Jackson's.

There weren't nearly as many venomous reptiles from what I saw. The ones that were there were nice, especially the 4ft albino monicled cobra that really caught my eye. There were a few very nice gaboon vipers too. I didn't see and mambas or boomslangs, but I could have missed them with the amount of people there.

Lots and lots of ball pythons and bearded dragons again. The one vendor thats usually near the front doors that has all the uvb lights wasn't there. He was one of the reasons I go. Thankfully the one vendor that has all the different worms and crickets was there. I snagged crix, supers, waxworms, phoenix worms, hornworms, and butterworms from him.

As far as what I got... I grabbed one of the jackson's chameleons I mentioned earlier, and I also purchased 3 dart frogs. I'll post a pic of the jackson's after he settles in a bit.

It has been my intention to one of these days get my hiney out to that show (as a vendor). I hear it's not too shabby!

It has been my intention to one of these days get my hiney out to that show (as a vendor). I hear it's not too shabby!

Now that would be great! It does get packed, and in the warmer months it gets quite hot in the fieldhouse. Chuck G can attest to how hot it can get in there.

Now that would be great! It does get packed, and in the warmer months it gets quite hot in the fieldhouse. Chuck G can attest to how hot it can get in there.

Yeah, I've read previous threads about how hot it gets. I keep meaning to come out to that show (and for the last 2 years have put the dates in my calendar) but it always seems to fall on a date where I just can't swing it. We'll see what 2010 brings. :)

Back
Top Bottom