Gotta Show off my Girl!

blackbetty

This is my 2 year old Great Dane, Twiggy. We are hoping in about 2-3 weeks, it gets announced that she will be a pet model for Bissell!! Keep your fingers crossed! These were taken on the only nice day we had a week ago before Mother Nature decided to play tricks on us and cover us with snow.

Picture032.jpg
Picture028.jpg
Picture016.jpg
Picture023.jpg

Thank You! I am hoping so, although I am partial. We get people talking everytime we go somewhere so I think it would be a great advertisement standpoint for them. The other dogs are cute, but they dont have that "wow" factor..ya know, eye catching? Like I said, Im partial though. .:) and Yes, Big dogs are AWESOME!

Amanda, she's just gorgeous! I've always wanted a Great Dane, I especially like the Harlequin markings. Did you ever read those books about 'Pinkerton' when you were a kid?

Addicted: Nope, never heard ofit..

And thank you Jann and Erin.

I took them for a walk today and someone stopped me and said theyd never seen either of my Danes coloration before. Im gonna give some detail here.. He was a big muscle man, driving a Ford 250, who was pulling lawn equipment..and then he ask if Im going to breed her. I said, Im not sure. My male is young. So he looks my male over through the window and says he is ready.. I said, How do you know.. and he said.. (and this is where i busted up laughing...)I breed 'toy' poodles..

Im still giggle.. I getting some new photos from today up..

Here are both

the left is my male, Toki and the right is my Female, twiggy.
Picture206.jpg

And My Male, Toki who is 10 months old and lareayd taller than my female who is 2.5 yrs.
Picture197.jpg

Im gonna check out those books. I think the kids would like them.:)

They're both beauties:D Is Toki Merle? I love his eyes:cool:

I think your kids will love the books too, my Daughter does;)

Yea, he is a Merlequin. His dad was a harl and his mom is a Merle. He is handsome. One eye is all blue and the other is half blue/half brown, like perfectly split. Its crazy.. Hes a handful though. Reminds me of a dumb jock..good looking but not much sense up top.. He does have a little and is trained well (rings a bell, sits, paw), just does stupid stuff. He is a window licker! :)

Thank You. Ill research them tomorrow when I can concentrate a little better. Cough syrup is kickin in and my eyes are getting heavy.

wow are they kept in a stable? they are beautiful to much dog for me im more of a shi-poo kinda guy:eek:

WTH is a Shi-poo? LOL Sounds like something my dogs leave in the yard. Haha

No, No stable. They arent as large as they seem, or maybe Im used to them. I get it all when we go out.. SOmeone at the dog park told me i must be confusing the park for a stable. I get that no horses are allowed in city limits..of course the whole saddle and ride.. it gets old.:p Whats funny is NO ONE until this thread has mentioned a COW.. They rock.. You dont know fun and loyalty until you have a big dog, preferably a dane. I wont own another breed.

Im having issues now. We were gonna breed my female and then decided agains tit and made an appt to get her and my male fixed..well female JUST went into heat like 3 days ago and we are trying to keep my male off of her..

Any suggestions? We were thinking adult depends with tail hole cut out?

Do whatever you can to keep him off of her. Those are colors that no one should be breeding. Backyard breeders are my BIGGEST pet peeve in the entire world-and Dane genetics can be tricky. Harls and Merles run the risks in certain combinations to produce deaf, blind, and dead pups. I hate to see the Dane breed standard diluted. Only Dogs that meet the breed standard should be bred, and that is the purpose of the show ring.

Do whatever you can to keep him off of her. Those are colors that no one should be breeding. Backyard breeders are my BIGGEST pet peeve in the entire world-and Dane genetics can be tricky. Harls and Merles run the risks in certain combinations to produce deaf, blind, and dead pups. I hate to see the Dane breed standard diluted. Only Dogs that meet the breed standard should be bred, and that is the purpose of the show ring.

Oh No, I agree. We were not planning on breeding them together, We actually had a Male Harl lined up for her but then decided agaisnt it. We did not think Toki was even old enough. WE tried to breed her last year with an 18 month old Mantle and he couldnt figure it out so we assumed at 10 month Toki wouldnt either. Our bad. She was supposed to go into heat in Mid Feb so we had this appt made so that when she was done, she could get fixed and this sprung on us. I have never bred her nor do I plan to. In fact, Ive never bred ANY animal..

And she is AKC quality perfectly, just the bare minimum on height, so she is not bad quality. Toki is the higher risk for producing piebalds.

Im not gonna get into a debate but She is registered and is a beautiful dog regardless. She is not a show dog nor would I ever subject her or any of my dogs to that lifestyle. They dont live long at all so why put them through the stress when she can be at home being loved and pampered. I kind of take offense that you would say she is hippy and less than perfect. She is my world.

My question wasnt whether or not I should breed her (as its no one prerogative but mine anyways), it was how to keep my male from getting to her.

Back
Top Bottom