Furcifer Campani Hatching - Canvas Chameleons

I'm less confident now that the second baby hatched haha. You can see the second baby has the black rings around her dots which looks just like an adult female where the first does not. Maybe Jurgen can help?

Nick,

My clutch of these didn't make it, but going from my past Campani, I'm fairly confident baby #1 is male and #2 is definitely female. Congrats on your success of getting viable eggs to hatch!

Nick,

My clutch of these didn't make it, but going from my past Campani, I'm fairly confident baby #1 is male and #2 is definitely female. Congrats on your success of getting viable eggs to hatch!

Impossible to see the first months(exept if you have lots of experiance in them)males turning in black colloration after about 5 months before that your never 100% sure.

Nick,

Thanks Cameron! That is my new opinion as well after seeing the second one hatch.

Impossible to see the first months(exept if you have lots of experiance in them)males turning in black colloration after about 5 months before that your never 100% sure.

Oh ok, good to know. I hope I can get these little ones to eat so that we can all see how they turn out!

Also, it looks like page 27-30 and also page 40 has some great baby pictures from your clutches!

Woot Woot!!! Its almost surreal!

PS these pictures dont give it justice as to how small these babies actually are! Nick and I measured the first hathling from nose to end of tail and it was barely and inch long!

Maybe not as exciting than seeing the little ones hatch but I'm extremely pleased to say the first one out is officially eating. I hope this good luck trend continues and they are both growing like weeds in no time.

Woot Woot!!! Its almost surreal!

PS these pictures dont give it justice as to how small these babies actually are! Nick and I measured the first hathling from nose to end of tail and it was barely and inch long!

That is so tiny. :eek: They look way bigger in the pictures.

Maybe not as exciting than seeing the little ones hatch but I'm extremely pleased to say the first one out is officially eating. I hope this good luck trend continues and they are both growing like weeds in no time.

That's awesome news!

Great news, Nick! Hope it all pans out! :)

Than they make a good chance to survive,what feeders are you offering?

That is so tiny. :eek: They look way bigger in the pictures.

That's awesome news!

Jann you are right, it is so hard to tell from pictures. I will have to try and get a picture of them next to a fruit fly so you can see how tiny they really are :)

Than they make a good chance to survive,what feeders are you offering?

I'm trying everything possible (isopods, springtails, pinheads, fruit flies, aphids, rice flower beetles) but the ones that I saw the older one eat was the aphids from Carl. Maybe the aphids green color sparks their interest?

Congratulations! In case I missed it, how long was incubation? I still have a few eggs that have been incubating for months, but not sure how they're doing.

Congratulations! In case I missed it, how long was incubation? I still have a few eggs that have been incubating for months, but not sure how they're doing.

The first egg hatched one day short of 8 months and the second was 3 days later. I have one left from this clutch that is still incubating.

This thread is bringing out many more people whom are keeping and breeding Furcifer campani. Maybe start a breeders group call The Furcifer Group to collaborate and exchange some notes even more? It would be a great way to coordinate all the people keeping/breeding Furcifer campani. Congratulations about the babies starting to hunt and eat.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

You can get tiny insects from leaves on the forest floor. Get some that have been lying around for a year or two (the more compacted stuff, not the stuff that fell recently this fall), put it in a tupperware and bring it indoors to warm up. Mist it lightly, then wait. In a day or two you will have food for your campani.

Back
Top Bottom