frustrated

kangaroo

so everytime I go to get my chameleon out of the cage he puffs up and opens his mouth like he's ready to attack me, is this normal or does my chameleon seriously hate me?
ugh I just want him to like me, it's frustrating.

Perfectly normal.
The good thing is the fact he does that usually means he's pretty healthy.

All chameleons have different personalities. I have lots of panther chams and the majority of them like to bite. All but one or two will let me pick them up but they will puff up and bite if I move at normal speed instead of slow motion. I do have a few that love to come out and hang out on my arm and shoulders when I'm on the computer though.

Unfortunatly, chameleons seem to not like to be handled. But some will tolerate it. It all depends on your cham. :) Just go slow and be patient, thats your best bet.

he never used to do it when he was like a serious baby, now he does and it freaks me out.

My larger male was like that when he was 6-10 months of age.
Now he's lazy.
He'll still get defensive when he's basking under his UVB, but when he's walking around I can normally get him out.

so everytime I go to get my chameleon out of the cage he puffs up and opens his mouth like he's ready to attack me, is this normal or does my chameleon seriously hate me?
ugh I just want him to like me, it's frustrating.

Yes, normal.
Yes, he probably does hate you touching him and / or having you enter his territory (his cage) with you hands.

Leave him alone, and he'll hate you less LOL

Yes, normal.
Yes, he probably does hate you touching him and / or having you enter his territory (his cage) with you hands.

apparently there are exceptions, but this has always been true for me. both my chams felt that way and showed no signs of change. It's just the one I have now doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body, but he freaks out in his own "mild mannered" way and hates being out.

Yes, normal.

wow thats pretty harsh and right to the point. :D lol

HERES A TIP! if he likes being cup fed... trick him with a cricket, put your hand out, let him walk out (he'll totally be focused at his food) lol, then you can play alllll you want lol

Back
Top Bottom