female panther with uri

unbreakable

after being owed a female panther for many months by my local dealer i was delighted when he offered me an adult female just over a year old, i got this cham home and after a couple of days self diagnosed it with uri! i booked the next available appointment at my vets and he gave her a shot of atibiotics and also gave me a weeks worth of drops. Since i have taken her back she has been very dark and off her food, 2 days now, my main concern was today i saw her cough/throw up a fair amount of mucus. Am i to assume this is normal and its the bodies way of recovery or does it sound to be getting worse? any input would be great =)

If she is now coughing up more mucus than before, I'd suspect she is not recovering. Keep her temps raised and continue your vets medication. If you are concerned, a return visit to the vet is in order.

i have only noticed this once, im a little puzzled why she has been dark, stress like colours for the last few days though!?

Could it be that the meds made all the icky stuff in her throat come loose so she could expel it? I am just guessing. Since this is the only time it has happened that is good. She is probably stressed because of the drops and extra handling. How do you feel when you are recovering from a URI? Keep watch.....

ive not had it but credible point, ive not witnessed it in any of my chameleons either so i want to go about it the correct way, ive put her in a large exo terra to try and hold a bit more heat, glad i jumped on this straight away though.

Back
Top Bottom