URI Medication?

I see nothing wrong in your husbandry. I think we sometimes forget that even with the very best of care, sometimes our chams can fall ill. The only recommendation I can make for husbandry is maybe decrease the amount of time you are fogging at night to just around 3 hours and have it stop around 4 or 5.
That is insane that your vet is scheduling only for two months away! I can understand for routine appointments, but how can they not have appointments for unexpected sickness or emergencies?! Are there any other vets near you that see exotics? They may not be as experienced with chameleons as the other, but should be able to help some. We do have the right to have our questions answered and refuse proposed treatments. I would try your regular vet again and maybe be overly dramatic that it’s an emergency.
And it will often helps to say you would be happy to pay an emergency fee to get a same day visit

Did you ever get a fecal sample run?
I haven’t gotten the chance to get him in, but an opening may have actually just come up. He finally pooped (after almost a week) and I don’t want to have to wait another week for more poop, how long will this “last” before I can get it to the vet? Unfortunately most clinics are closed due to the holiday.

I haven’t gotten the chance to get him in, but an opening may have actually just come up. He finally pooped (after almost a week) and I don’t want to have to wait another week for more poop, how long will this “last” before I can get it to the vet? Unfortunately most clinics are closed due to the holiday.
If it is from today put it in the fridge in a plastic baggy. THen take it in first thing in the morning to drop it off.

Back
Top Bottom