Filling with gas

emma_5774

Hi! I have a 4 year old male panther chameleon who has had health issues since I got him. He first had an issue with his eye that has resolved but recently he has had lots of feeding issues and has been loosing a lot of weight. After 2 vet visits of finding nothing wrong I asked them if there were any tests they could run to look inside. They did an xray, ultrasound and bloodwork and found that he has a lot of gas inside of his body. They said this happens from a hole in the gastric system or respiratory system. They are pretty sure it is from the respiratory system. I dont really have any good pictures but I can try and take some of him to show how round he looks. He has looked like this since I got him. (I got him Febuary of 23) For the past week he has been very unactive and has stopped eating again! The eating wasn't my main concern, it was the lack of activity. I made an appointment as soon as I could and here we are. They gave me antibiotics but dont seem too certain that he will make a recovery. I am not an expert and will not say that he wont recover or will because I have never heard of this happening! Does anyone know anything about this? Is there a chance for his recovery? Should I try to find a different vet to get another opinion on this? I dont want him to be in pain or suffer but I dont want to just give up and put him to sleep. I am trying to force feed formula but hes so strong and Im nervous I will hurt him trying to open his mouth. Any advice on that too? I attached a few photos of him to try and show his roundness but it just looks worse in person.

Attachments

• IMG_0767.jpeg
    IMG_0767.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0617.jpeg
    IMG_0617.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0430.jpeg
    IMG_0430.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0402.jpeg
    IMG_0402.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0404.jpeg
    IMG_0404.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 5
You said…”I am trying to force feed formula but hes so strong and Im nervous I will hurt him trying to open his mouth”…try sticking a cricket head first into his mouth so it lands between his teeth and he bites it while his mouth is opening and shutting when he’s drinking. It’s better than force feeding him. What’s the formula?

You said…”I am trying to force feed formula but hes so strong and Im nervous I will hurt him trying to open his mouth”…try sticking a cricket head first into his mouth so it lands between his teeth and he bites it while his mouth is opening and shutting when he’s drinking. It’s better than force feeding him. What’s the formula?
The formula is carnivore care

Back
Top Bottom