feces color slightly yellow!!!

Joecakes

hi guys normally a cham's poop has 2 parts right? a white circle thing and brown ugly thing. my cham lately has a sort yellow shade to his supposedly white part. should i be worried about this? thanks in advanced!

Joe

Yellowing of the urate is a sign of dehydration. How often are you misting and for how long each time?

how much a yellos? If you are afraid of dehydration, don't forget beside misting more, you can also feed him juicy silkies and hornworms for extra hydration.

I agree, dehydration.

As dodolah said, moisture-rich worms are great for a quick fix to that problem. Silkworms are good, but hornworms IMO are best for dehydration.

Very good point! Chameleons can't resist silk worms and hornworms. They are great hydrators.

yellow feces

i have had the same but more orange than yellow i have never see my yemen take any water since i have had him.so i give him morio worms.this morning i put a small water dish in is viv with water in it but also a very active morio as he tried to get the morio he was takeing in water at the same time.might be worth a try.i also mist my viv and use a dripper.:cool:

is dehydration the only prob? i dont think hes dehydrated tho... his eyes are puffed up... not sure tho... thanks for the reply guys!! =)

Hydration would be the first tier of problem solving....the simplest to solve. I would try the suggestions made first and see what happens. if over the next 24 to 48 hours you don't see an improvement then move on the the next step.

How old was the faeces?

HOPE THAT HELPS.

OPI

is dehydration the only prob? i dont think hes dehydrated tho... his eyes are puffed up... not sure tho... thanks for the reply guys!! =)

When the eyes sunken, usually the dehydration stage is mild to advance.
you don't want to wait until it gets to that stage.
imho, Yellow urate is more accurate tool to tell about his dehydration status.

so, increase his misting cycle and try to feed him hornworms or silkies for extra boost of hydration.
If after couple of days, his urate keep turning yellow (or worse gets orange) even though he's drinking and all, then you'll know that have a bigger problem.
In that case, a visit to the vet is in order.

Back
Top Bottom