Facebook Groups Make Me ANGRY!!!

I just wanted say when you join a group you abide by the group rules. I am just an admin. I abide by the same rules. I simply advised that we don't use the questionnaire in that group and I was hit with multiple responses from CamoChameleonsHuman here, on the post and private message. Then another member posted multiple times about why we don't use the questionnaire. I turned off commenting because it completely took away from the original poster asking for help and the issues. There was nothing educational in that post after he was helped. It all turned into a war regarding the form. I am also being blasted in private message all day about this questionnaire from CamoChameleonsHuman who continually taunts me to kick him out of the group. I will make it publicly known that I am not kicking him out of the group. One, he probably can add some knowledge to the group and two, he is taunting me so he can blast again that I kicked him out and play the victim once again.
The reason the form is not used is because many of the questions don't pertain to the advice seekers questions. Just ask questions. If you cham has mucus in his throat we don't need to know what you feed him or when he pooped last or how big his enclosure is. We can be more specific to the symptoms. And yes you are right about one thing. The questionnaire is completed when you go to the vet. We are not vets so there is no need for 30 questions. The members in the group are extremely experienced. The majority are breeders and veterans who have been around chams since the 90's. They know a thing or two. We are not the average group. Do we know it all no we don't! And we don't pretend that we do. I didn't start a war. I made a simple statement about the rules. I didn't call anyone out, I didn't try to degrade anyone, I didn't blast them publicly. But did I get the same respect? No I didn't.

I really don't like the implication that someone can be so experienced that they don't need a history like a trained veterinary professional would. That is incredibly arrogant. There are questions that are probably irrelevant in many cases but something usually comes up that can be corrected.
It's your page run it as you see fit.

Welcome nrbrow24 and telling us your side of the story. Avoiding any further drama, I'll just advise you check out the Health Clinic forum here before you write off the help form as usless and annoying. What you probably don't know is how imperative it is the have all the info in the help form before advising remedies. The link listed here is a great example how our experts use the data to advise what could be postive changes to husbandry and diet.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...led-i-got-him-2-days-ago.169273/#post-1481997

I just wanted say when you join a group you abide by the group rules. I am just an admin. I abide by the same rules. I simply advised that we don't use the questionnaire in that group and I was hit with multiple responses from CamoChameleonsHuman here, on the post and private message. Then another member posted multiple times about why we don't use the questionnaire. I turned off commenting because it completely took away from the original poster asking for help and the issues. There was nothing educational in that post after he was helped. It all turned into a war regarding the form. I am also being blasted in private message all day about this questionnaire from CamoChameleonsHuman who continually taunts me to kick him out of the group. I will make it publicly known that I am not kicking him out of the group. One, he probably can add some knowledge to the group and two, he is taunting me so he can blast again that I kicked him out and play the victim once again.
The reason the form is not used is because many of the questions don't pertain to the advice seekers questions. Just ask questions. If you cham has mucus in his throat we don't need to know what you feed him or when he pooped last or how big his enclosure is. We can be more specific to the symptoms. And yes you are right about one thing. The questionnaire is completed when you go to the vet. We are not vets so there is no need for 30 questions. The members in the group are extremely experienced. The majority are breeders and veterans who have been around chams since the 90's. They know a thing or two. We are not the average group. Do we know it all no we don't! And we don't pretend that we do. I didn't start a war. I made a simple statement about the rules. I didn't call anyone out, I didn't try to degrade anyone, I didn't blast them publicly. But did I get the same respect? No I didn't.

I agree with above, run your group how you'd like. I won't be pestering you on there about it. Though I disagree, and honestly what I bolded in your response, says it all. Literally all of those things, while not being likely, *could* be a reason, or linked to in some way, for there being mucus in the mouth. I'm not saying you guys don't have experienced people, but I think you're overlooking things by shooting down the idea of a form. Couldn't you agree that anyone that takes care of chameleons should be able to take a minute to fill a spoonfed form out? Have we gotten this far we just don't want to hurt people's feelings, or our own egos?

Here's the thing here you can say that to me and we can have a conversation about it now. And Brad or anybody else is going to shut it down. Thank you for taking the time to come her and post. Sincerely I mean that. And to be honest my main goal was to open up the conversation even bigger! Why is there a rift between us? Meaning FB and Chamforums? We actually prea h the same message! Yet we don't communicate. It's like right and left. And I'm an Independent. He was a new keeper so kinda needed to know all information wouldn't you agree?

From Camo's perspective, he offered to help. When he requested a form be filled out, he was told the form isn't allowed. Is using the form truly against your rules?

Also, illnesses have symptoms and causes. The form allows one to work on both. If a cham is sick, he needs a diagnosis. He also needs the original issue fixed that caused the illness.

People should have their husbandry tracked ahead of time and periodically updated when applicable so they're not in a panic trying to provide information, they'll already have it. With that said, there could have been a better/different way to approach the situation, approach is everything.

Last edited:
I feel like the idea that the form may ask questions that *might* be seen as invaluable for an issue is a classic example of how people mistakenly go about problem solving. Diagnosing symptoms, but not getting to the root of the actual problem. When you trip over a crack and break your wrist, you put a cast on your wrist but dont fix the crack in the ground to avoid it happening again. The form can help to point out the crack in the ground that needs to be fixed, even if it doesnt seem like the obvious cause of a problem.

Also, how could what you're feeding a cham not even be of interest when trying to diagnose mucus in the mouth??? Genuinely want to know because logically that doesnt make much sense to me.

I just wanted say when you join a group you abide by the group rules. I am just an admin. I abide by the same rules. I simply advised that we don't use the questionnaire in that group ...
The reason the form is not used is because many of the questions don't pertain to the advice seekers questions. Just ask questions.

I don't see a specific rule against using the form. I get that your group does not use it for various reasons which is totally understandable. If it is such a big, unspoken no-no in the group, why not make it a rule? Otherwise, leave it up to the OP as to whether they want to fill it out or not. Just my suggestion.

Screenshot_20190530-163543.png

I don't see a specific rule against using the form. I get that your group does not use it for various reasons which is totally understandable. If it is such a big, unspoken no-no in the group, why not make it a rule? Otherwise, leave it up to the OP as to whether they want to fill it out or not. Just my suggestion.

View attachment 233986
Just observation but didn’t they violate there own rules when the did listen to @CamoChameleonsHuman suggestion that the form will help?

Of the FB chameleon groups the one in question is one of the more tolerant groups I've seen. This seems like an aberrant bit of poor judgement call that has escalated.
We are going to see more people from FB migrate here, fauna classifieds or to MeWe as the FB crack down on sales continues. We will all just have to work at getting along as usual.
The upswing is that the forum ads will be full of choices for those that can admit their addiction.

I honestly did not mean to cause any drama. I simply felt my argument was worth making. I am one to admit when I'm wrong and apologize. I apologize for calling this person out. And I apologize to anyone a may offend. I simply wanted to keep the conversation going as Peter Necas and Bill Strand have preached to us. I was temp banned from other chameleon groups for suggesting Calcium Plus LoD to a member whom was confused about dusting regiment/schedule. I find it arrogant and ignorant for doing something like that. Or making a rule either spoken or unspoken that someone can not request a new keeper fill out a questionnaire that involves the same very questions anyone else may ask. I apologize to Brad if I caused any uproar I just haven't heard about yet either. People here that know me know that I love my animals. I love all animals (just not spiders or snakes that aren't boas or pythons lol). And I love this community. Where I can be free to express my opinions in a safe and open format. For that I am truly truly grateful.

Back
Top Bottom