Facebook Groups Make Me ANGRY!!!

Is it true veiled chameleons don't need misting? Wouldn't that depend on your climates typical humidity?

No one is ever wrong in Facebook land. I only go on there to look at pictures of family and friends... but any more it is all people arguing about politics or vaguely complaining about their family and significant others lol. I think FB's day has come and gone.
It is funny because I work within Social media marketing... I have not seen a decline but a worsening of use. I myself have a page with like only 40 of my closest friends on it. I am only within my account when I have to work within my clients accounts. I avoid it for the very reasons you stated.

It just makes me quite upset because it's like they're trying to silence you. I honestly have the best intentions. My voice is for the animal not the person. But I'm being silenced for having an opinion of my very own. It's like they want you to be the "scarecrow" on FB. "if I only had a brain"
Silenced of FB? Surely not. Are you sure your profile pic didn't include a MAGA hat ;-)

Screenshot_20190530-091015_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20190530-091023_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20190530-091044_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20190530-091051_Facebook.jpg

Also Admin just shut off comments, because we'll I proved her wrong and that's hard to take. As you can see it was an open opinionated conversation and no one was being disrespectful.

Exactly. They said they don't ban people for opinions, but they cut off discussion over them. I hope the OP's entire problem was the suppliments, but like many others, it's likely he's doing other things wrong. It's the reason your Dr asks for your medical history on a form before he sees you.

Exactly. They said they don't ban people for opinions, but they cut off discussion over them. I hope the OP's entire problem was the suppliments, but like many others, it's likely he's doing other things wrong. It's the reason your Dr asks for your medical history on a form before he sees you.
And it goes beyond that with family history as well. Not like I was asking him if his grandsire was ever diagnosed with MBD? Lol

One other thing a form does is prevents people from answering in the affirmative. A tendency we all have.
And it goes beyond that with family history as well. Not like I was asking him if his grandsire was ever diagnosed with MBD? Lol

Exactly, I could've held back posting, but when he wholesale disregarded the benefit of health/husbandry history forms; I took issue. He stated that those forms are not widely accepted as best practice. I can't comprehend any diagnosis of anything (cham, car, computer, etc...) that wouldn't benefit from a form like that.

Exactly why you will not find me on any of those Facebook groups! I have not been on Facebook in over 10 years! There are other mor fun ways to get yourself frustrated than that! Chameleonforums.com absolutely rocks! The admins here are kind, patient and respectful while the wellbeing of the animal and the keeper both are kept in mind! Two thumbs up for Chameleonforums.com

Exactly why you will not find me on any of those Facebook groups! I have not been on Facebook in over 10 years! There are other mor fun ways to get yourself frustrated than that! Chameleonforums.com absolutely rocks! The admins here are kind, patient and respectful while the wellbeing of the animal and the keeper both are kept in mind! Two thumbs up for Chameleonforums.com
That's what I get for branching out! Silly silly me. This is definitely my home. I love the forums. I just wanted to try and help some other new keepers whom have maybe never heard of this great site. Does anyone know why there is such a huge rift between FB and the Forums?

To be fair, the history form doesn't mesh well with the structure of FB... definitely better in a forum setting, or one on one!
That's what I get for branching out! Silly silly me. This is definitely my home. I love the forums. I just wanted to try and help some other new keepers whom have maybe never heard of this great site. Does anyone know why there is such a huge rift between FB and the Forums?

We're more fabulous and they feel threatened?? :unsure: I have no idea!

I used the word husbandry on a fellow chameleon keeps ig page and she Went ape shit on me. Told me to go to college if I want to use words like that :unsure: Some ppl are helpless

Back
Top Bottom