New breathing/ swallowing action

Elmina_Chameleon

Hello, so I just introduced dubia roaches and hornworms to my veiled. My husband said he noticed her mouth gapping.
Tonight, after feeding & spraying, I noticed the gapping, hard swallowing, head up which I haven't noticed before.
She isn't having any breathing issues that I can notice, no sounds.
I have had her going on a month now, she does seem to possibly have some eggs in her belly, but she hasn't been digging or laid any yet.
When I got her they said she was roughly 8 months old. Elmina is very sweet and wants to be handled. She will come right to the door when you try to feed her and climb right on to you. When you go to put her back it she will sit on her branch by the door and paw at it. She has an amazing personality which blows my mind because my last veiled did not want any interaction at all.( Her name was Neme, short for nemesis because you couldn't even walk by without her hissing or opening her mouth towards you.)
Back to Elmina, I just want to make sure she is good. She has a regular check up at the vet on the 7th, but I, will take her sooner if needed but wasn't sure if it was just because I newly introduced her to the bugs or what.

I'll attach a video, so, you can see her breathing appears to be normal and a few pictures from both sides.

Attachments

• 20230927_213330.jpg
    20230927_213330.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230927_213434.jpg
    20230927_213434.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230927_213747.jpg
    20230927_213747.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230927_213533.jpg
    20230927_213533.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 46
Hello and welcome! Does your beautiful little lady have a lay bin? Can you share pictures of your full enclosure including the lights at the top?

How big here the dubia you fed her? Any that were bigger than the space between her eyes?

What you are describing to me honesty sounds like a respiratory infection. If that’s the case you will need to act quickly getting her to an exotic vet with reptile experience.

Hi and welcome. :) It sounds as though she may have aspirated or otherwise somehow developed a respiratory infection. Even though she’s not making any noises, the gaping and head up are symptoms. I’m not sure about the hard swallowing though, but that is probably related. I doubt the dubia have anything to do with it. How big were the hornworms? Did she seem to have to work at it to eat them? @elizaann2 is quicker than me, but I was going to ask for pics of your entire enclosure too.

Back
Top Bottom