Egg laying Bin...

nonnatus

Hello,

I have a female veiled Cham who is fully grown (age guestimate between what shop said and what she looks like compared to tonnes of photos would be around 10-11 months old)

She's kept in a large reptibreeze (in the UK) with some shower curtain to keep humidity up. Lots of live plants, temp around 75, gets up to 82 in her basking spot. Humidity never drops below 50%, mist 3 times a day, constant water dripper, good drainage.

She eats well, particularly enjoys silkworms, dubai roaches and locusts, generally has a good appetite. Does nice solid poos with a good amount of white urates attached.

She has a sand box in her cage but only a very small one, maybe 6x8inches, 10 inches deep filled with play sand always kept moist. Showed no interest in it until 2 days ago. Is now prowling cage bottom and hiding from me. In fact I actually had to strip the cage out this morning because I couldn't find her, she didn't come out for breakfast and I thought she must have escaped - they're not called chameleons for nothing eh? she was hiding in a fake plant, all curled up and obviously very stressed about having home disrupted so frantically!

Sand has definitely been scratched around in but no eggs or tunnels.

I have a big black bin with play sand in waiting for this time as per Jann's fabulous blog but do I just put her in it?? No sticks or foliage in there?? How long do I leave her for? Do I heat the bin? She'll get really cold in there surely?

I do love her but I REALLY wish I'd bought a little boy, this is all very stressful!!

Put her in the big bin this afternoon, with no way out for 2 to 3 hours and see if she's start digging. They usually dig and lay in the late afternoon and evening. The very best of luck with her.

Back
Top Bottom