Dripper Issue

Dbash44

Avid Member
I'm wondering if there's a better way to set up a dripper than having to let water collect on top of the cage or having to create a hole in the mesh of the cage. I also am having trouble finding a place where the dripper wont be too heavy on the mesh or fall off the cage. Any ideas?

First, I remove he tube and let the water drip from the spicket. I usually set the dripper on one of the top corners and balance it on the metal part of the cage. It raises it just enough so the water drips through the screen and it does not pool. Also, have you tried taking your finger and tapping he pool of water from underneath? Usually this will get the drip going and it stays dripping. Sometimes it might start pooling again, but not always. I have found by raising the dripper up off the screen, it stops the water from pooling. That is the method I use. You might be able to figure out some other way to raise it without putting too much weight on the mesh. The key is not having it sit directly on the mesh. Having it in the corner, it can fall though but usually will stay in place.

First, I remove he tube and let the water drip from the spicket. I usually set the dripper on one of the top corners and balance it on the metal part of the cage. It raises it just enough so the water drips through the screen and it does not pool. Also, have you tried taking your finger and tapping he pool of water from underneath? Usually this will get the drip going and it stays dripping. Sometimes it might start pooling again, but not always. I have found by raising the dripper up off the screen, it stops the water from pooling. That is the method I use. You might be able to figure out some other way to raise it without putting too much weight on the mesh. The key is not having it sit directly on the mesh. Having it in the corner, it can fall though but usually will stay in place.

I really appreciate your feedback. If my new idea doesn't work will definitely try tapping and even raising as well as without tubing.
However, I did Jimmyrig this contraption together. I had extra diabetic medical supplies that I used for the dripper. I took small and medium IV tubing and hot glued them to airline tubing. The smallest IV tubing fits through the mesh without damaging it. Yeah it may not drip every second, but my female panther gets the idea and goes crazy for it.

dripper1.jpg

dripper2.jpg

dripper3.jpg

dripper4.jpg

I have a couple of lengths of 1x2 that I use across the top of my cage to lay my dripper on top so that it doesn't sag the screen or being limited to the corners. Works great for me.

Loving the ideas. My UVB light is a tube style in a full hood, so I set the dripper on the hood. Haven't tried removing the hose to prevent the pooling. Going to try that. Thanks!

I'm actually a wheelchair user. My dripper is on the inside of the cage on a large exo terra lamp stand, with the base underneath one of my pothos' pots. Works perfectly for me. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom