Darwin got an upgrade!

Clementine

I decided to move out of the baby bin and to the 16x16x30 setup I originally bought for him, He has a 24x24x48 Dragon Strand for when he’s bigger.
IMG_7059.jpeg

Setup:
- ZooMed Repribreeze 16x16x30
- MistKing Mister
- Drangon Strand Dragon Ledges and Hydration Mount
- Arcadia 6% UVB, Jungle Dawn LED
- Fluker’s Dripper
- Fluker’s vines
- Real plants/branches

I put him in the cage tonight. Lights only on for an hour so he can get acquainted. I’ll be suspending the lights above the cage in the AM in case he screen crawls, which he hasn’t so far. He does like hunting fruit flies off the screen.

I’ll be setting up the MistKing and reservoir (and protecting the wall) when he’s no longer eating fruit flies. I don’t want to drill a bunch of holes in the floor for them to escape from. For now, I’m hand misting at lights out and before lights on. Smart baby already knows to hide in the leaves when I flip off the lights.

We moved to the screen cage because we were having higher humidity than I would’ve liked during the day in the bin. I’ll be watching to make sure it’s not too low. Also monitoring temps to see if the lights are enough during the day, or if I need to add the basking light. He’s getting a 10-15° drop at night.

Looks great! You will want to pay attention to your UVB distance to branches... If you are raising the fixtures you want those 4 measured inches off the top then you want branches directly below the UVB 5 inches down from the screen. This will make it so baby is in safe levels at the screen and then recommended UVI at the branch.

Looks great! You will want to pay attention to your UVB distance to branches... If you are raising the fixtures you want those 4 measured inches off the top then you want branches directly below the UVB 5 inches down from the screen. This will make it so baby is in safe levels at the screen and then recommended UVI at the branch.
I was using this guide from Chameleon Academy, as it’s a 6% and not a 12%. Didn’t want to risk a 12% with a baby that might screen crawl. Should I still lift 4 inches off the screen? His favorite spot is 6-7 inches under the UVB.

IMG_7067.jpeg

Last edited:
I was using this guide from Chameleon Academy, as it’s a 6% and not a 12%. Didn’t want to risk a 12% with a baby that might screen crawl. Should I still lift 4 inches off the screen? His favorite spot is 6-7 inches under the UVB.

View attachment 353474
Yeah so same concept as what I am telling you. Your lifting the fixture. He has it as 2-3 inches with the branch at 6 inches down in that image. I have always seen him recommend and breeders as well though if you have very young screen climbing babies to lift the fixture 4 inches off the top and then have a branch right at 5 inches down roughly. This makes it to where they are getting the max 6UVI at the screen and lower recommended 3 UVI at the branch. This would be with a 6% T5HO in a single bulb fixture and with a screen barrier in between. IMO there is no need to use a 12% with chams unless you have a solarmeter to check your levels and ensure your levels are within limits.

Yeah so same concept as what I am telling you. Your lifting the fixture. He has it as 2-3 inches with the branch at 6 inches down in that image. I have always seen him recommend and breeders as well though if you have very young screen climbing babies to lift the fixture 4 inches off the top and then have a branch right at 5 inches down roughly. This makes it to where they are getting the max 6UVI at the screen and lower recommended 3 UVI at the branch. This would be with a 6% T5HO in a single bulb fixture and with a screen barrier in between. IMO there is no need to use a 12% with chams unless you have a solarmeter to check your levels and ensure your levels are within limits.
Thank you so much! I worry a ton about him getting too much or not enough UVB while he’s growing.

Back
Top Bottom