Hatchling Rainbow Jackson’s

Thank you! I'll stick around for sure - you guys have been wonderful! This should be a happy cham, as I'm an OR nurse and keep the house at 68 at night to start. The enclosure will be in our loft AKA my plant room. It's separately weather sealed from the house, but still connected to the HVAC. We have a separate AC/heat pump set up to climate control the loft colder and warmer than the rest of the house. I tend to keep it pretty cold up there at night (~60 F) for the cacti.
That’s awesome!!!

Thank you so much! Can I ask what your hydration and lighting setup is for the babies?
I hand misted lightly on the live plants twice a day, first and last thing and set an automatic dripper several times a day just for a few seconds. I used a small Monsoon and fitted it with dripper heads. Don't mist the babies directly.
I only used a linear UVB and linear florescent plant bulb raised 3 inches above the cage top. The UVB was a T5 6% or 5.0 depending on brand. I usually use Arcadia but will get ZooMed in a pinch. You won't need a basking bulb for several months and then it should be intermittent, either on a timer or thermostat.
You may want to get bean beetles they make a nice transition to dubia nymphs after 6 months. Also they crunch so you can hear them eat even when you can't see them.

I hand misted lightly on the live plants twice a day, first and last thing and set an automatic dripper several times a day just for a few seconds. I used a small Monsoon and fitted it with dripper heads. Don't mist the babies directly.
I only used a linear UVB and linear florescent plant bulb raised 3 inches above the cage top. The UVB was a T5 6% or 5.0 depending on brand. I usually use Arcadia but will get ZooMed in a pinch. You won't need a basking bulb for several months and then it should be intermittent, either on a timer or thermostat.
You may want to get bean beetles they make a nice transition to dubia nymphs after 6 months. Also they crunch so you can hear them eat even when you can't see them.
This is so helpful, thank you! The 6% I bought is an Arcadia. I also have a Jungle Dawn LED for the plants.

Not sure if you have this information yet or not, but this has been a godsend to me reagarding care for my Jacksons.

There are also some Chameleon Academy podcasts specifically on Jackson's care that you may find interesting as well :)

https://chameleonacademy.com/the-jacksons-chameleon-trioceros-jacksonii/
Yes, thank you! Chameleon Academy was the link I got from my coworker :) I have read through this several times and ended up buying one of the DS enclosures for my adult setup!

Back
Top Bottom