continuous dark colored veiled cham

I have one too, just ditched the spiral the pet store sold me :)

Pet stores SUCK :mad::mad: I seriously have yet to meet someone who knows what they're talking about. I've gone to PetSmart and they just have that blank expression that they've no idea what I'm talking about :eek: But I'd rather have them not have a clue then give you advice and "proper" care when weeks later you realize you have to buy everything once again! Luckily I bought my first guy from a great breeder that put me in all the right directions. I always feel bad for newbies that buy their chams from stores and are way over their heads :eek::(

Pet stores SUCK :mad::mad: I seriously have yet to meet someone who knows what they're talking about. I've gone to PetSmart and they just have that blank expression that they've no idea what I'm talking about :eek: But I'd rather have them not have a clue then give you advice and "proper" care when weeks later you realize you have to buy everything once again! Luckily I bought my first guy from a great breeder that put me in all the right directions. I always feel bad for newbies that buy their chams from stores and are way over their heads :eek::(

That was me my first time lol! I spent like 500 bucks and went home that night to research and find out everything I got was useless lmao:eek::mad: so now I think I am going to get a tarantula from prettyinink and put it in my very empty for quite some time exo-terra tank! Lol ( I hope it can't squeeze through the doors!:eek:)

I actually didn't know that it could fit a spiral UVB? Thats actually kinda nifty.. If in fact people in the normal world outside the forums could figure that one out through all the bull given by big chain pet stores lol:p

ZooMed has the spiral bulb that fits in the dome, it's a little too big but works (I had a teacher who used one). Strangly enough her cham did ok with a spiral but that was 8 years ago :rolleyes: Then pet store employees figure, well it fits so why not use it, what could be the worst that'll happen?! Better yet are the pet stores that don't use UVBs on ANY of their reptiles :eek::eek:

That was me my first time lol! I spent like 500 bucks and went home that night to research and find out everything I got was useless lmao:eek::mad: so now I think I am going to get a tarantula from prettyinink and put it in my very empty for quite some time exo-terra tank! Lol ( I hope it can't squeeze through the doors!:eek:)

I was looking at her tarantulas too! Great minds think alike! :D Unfortunately I'm 120% sure my mom would rather have a heart attack then a spider in the house, so after college...tarantula it is :D:D Which ones were you looking at? Or were you looking at the ones she just had born? Hatched? lol I don't even know how you call it!

Yes I do use a basking lamp and a spiral light. I have been watching him and it seems he is starting to shed and I am getting him some more plants as since I re-arranged it he seemed to go back to normal. I also played my guitar for him and he seemed to calm back down as he used to be. I am very happy to say that he is back to normal and mos tof the reccomendations were what I was told to do and what I was doing so I will get more plants thanks for your help everyone!
:D

I am really glad he is doing better :) I would still ditch the spiral and cut back on the d3 :) enjoy your chameleon and I think it's cool that he likes your music:cool:

Yes I do use a basking lamp and a spiral light. I have been watching him and it seems he is starting to shed and I am getting him some more plants as since I re-arranged it he seemed to go back to normal. I also played my guitar for him and he seemed to calm back down as he used to be. I am very happy to say that he is back to normal and mos tof the reccomendations were what I was told to do and what I was doing so I will get more plants thanks for your help everyone!
:D

Thats great! Just make sure to get a tube UVB, the vet bills won't be worth it in the future. good luck with your guy. They're great little creatures! Oh and follow the supplement schedule as stated earlier.

yeah he went back to dark so i looked up how to pick him up without hurting him and without him biting and Im going to try it to put him in another cage to inspect the one hes in some with extra care other than just rearrenging it.

Back
Top Bottom