collard greens question

whitespyder

i tried feeding my 9 month old female veiled collard greens since shes been eating her pothos quite frequently but it seems that she cant bite through them and ends up spitting them out. i left a few leaves sitting on her branches and the next morning i found one gone so maybe the wilted collard greens are easier for her to bite/swallow.

ive also been feeding her grape, mango and banana slices every now and then and she seems to like them very much! but i want to give her the benefits of leafy greens to balance her diet so im not just giving her fruit. (her main diet consists of insects of course)

have any of you had the same experience with chams not being able to bite through collards? what other greens would be easier to bite through and digest whole?

You can try the younger leaves of the collard greens. They are not as tough. There is also some varieties of collard greens which the leaves would be easier to bite through for reptiles.

Hoo-da thunk-it ??

I thought chams only ate insects, but occasionaly ate Hibiscus flowers.

When you feed grapes do you have to peel them? Its a tortis thing, but I wonder if a cham could get impacted from the grape peel. I suppose that if hard cricket legs and other parts dont plug em up, a grape skin wouldnt.

Will it help to occasionaly offer fruit? What fruit would be good to avoid?

Panthers are not known to eat fruits and veggies often if at all. It's usually only veileds (of the common species anyways) that eat vegitative matter.

thanks guys, ill try kale and dandelion greens or shredding the collards. looking at her poop today i noticed it looked like a cigar--there was a whole leaf just shriveled up in it! she'll probably be able to digest more of it though if i shred it.

also when i feed her grapes i just give her cut sections. i guess it wouldnt hurt to peel them, i can always try that instead. dont want to plug up my baby! shes already had a history of eating sand so i dont want to add to it.

Back
Top Bottom