Clocks go back

bradleymarky

do the clocks in the u.s go back this sunday as we do in the u.k and is this a global thing or just to do with the war

Yes, we turn the clocks back on November 7th. Which brings up a good point to discuss. Does everyone adjust their timers for their lighting in the enclousres to coincide with it getting dark and light earlier. My breeder said to set the timer for like 10 hours instead of 12 so the lights are not on after it is dark from what I understood. Any opinions on this?

it normally gets dark in the uk at around 4pm mid winter and we dont see light until 8am, i will probably leave my lights 7am until 7pm and change the settings

Yes, we turn the clocks back on November 7th. Which brings up a good point to discuss. Does everyone adjust their timers for their lighting in the enclousres to coincide with it getting dark and light earlier. My breeder said to set the timer for like 10 hours instead of 12 so the lights are not on after it is dark from what I understood. Any opinions on this?

I've noticed that my chams react more to the general light level from windows and in the room even if their cage lights are still on. They are not completely asleep, but have often gone to their sleeping perch and are sort of settled down quietly. Also the daily change in room temp and humidity may affect them too. I usually leave my lights on for about the same length of time year round but may adjust them slightly by season. The day/night lengths in AK are so extreme it didn't seem to make that much difference.

Old native american saying" only a white man can cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it on the bottom and call it longer."

We here in AZ dont to the time change.

I wish we were still setting ours back in October - I don't mind working 'til dark half so much as getting up in the dark.
I cut back on the chams' lights a bit in the winter. Like Carlton said, my guys are more attuned to what the sun's doing than to the artificial lights, such that they're usually settling down for the night by 3:30 or 4 pm in winter, while they'll stay active 'til 7 or later in summer (my guys always seem to want to settle down about two hours before sunset).

Back
Top Bottom