Chameleons with other animals?

Tropheus

The local pet store where I work has some Bibrons Geckos and I was wondering If they would be ok in my large chmeleon cage. I have a veiled in a 7' x3'x3' cage with lots of live plants

Are you talking about putting them in the same cage together? I wouldnt if i were you. Chameleons like to be on their own and i sure if you tried to get them to coexist with some other species of reptile, that would certainly stress them out.

I'm sure your veiled would absolutely love a Bibron's gecko snack. Probably not a good idea for the gecko's sake though.

The local pet store where I work has some Bibrons Geckos and I was wondering If they would be ok in my large chmeleon cage. I have a veiled in a 7' x3'x3' cage with lots of live plants

your cham probably will eat them.

Yea, I have heard of people feeding their veileds Anoles for snacks.
Ha! where did all of my geckos go?:confused:
Mr.Veiled you sure do look fat today.....

I wondered same thing

I have heard of people letting house geckos loose to hunt down escaped bugs, but I always wanted to put one in my chams cage. Today as I cleaned the animal cages I let my male veiled and my whites tree frog check each other out. The cham didnt pay too much attention but once I put him back into his cage I let the frog climb around in there. The chameleon never changed ugly but he did get to a high spot in the cage and sit and watch the frog until I removed it. I am very interested to know if anyone has ever found their chameleon a "friend". May sound ridiculous but I think it would be funny.

I have heard of people letting house geckos loose to hunt down escaped bugs, but I always wanted to put one in my chams cage. Today as I cleaned the animal cages I let my male veiled and my whites tree frog check each other out. The cham didnt pay too much attention but once I put him back into his cage I let the frog climb around in there. The chameleon never changed ugly but he did get to a high spot in the cage and sit and watch the frog until I removed it. I am very interested to know if anyone has ever found their chameleon a "friend". May sound ridiculous but I think it would be funny.

Chameleons hate friends: if they are to small they will eat them:) or if they are the same size as them or bigger they will be scared and angry at them:)

Ahh!

to Kalibr03:
most reptiles and amphibians have a host of different parasites. when an animal is stressed out, these things can increase in volume and make your animal(s) sick. transmission of seemingly harmless or 'safe' parasites/bacteria can be fatal to other species. do not expose either again to be on the safe side. i would suggest disinfecting the chameleon's cage and next time think before you act. don't mean to sound like a jerk, but i would rather be disliked than see a cham get sick/die.

I once (years and years ago) thought a day gecko native to where my Parsonii was from wouldn't be a bad idea. My Parsonii liked the idea and then enjoyed his meal. The gecko never knew what hit him and I never tried again. Hard lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom