Chameleon's eyes getting really swollen and red

Farrah

I have a female veiled chameleon I don't know her exact age I think she is 8 months old. she ate wheat grass which is her favourite and I was giving her some water, both of her eyes from the front near her head started to get really swollen and I saw some blood in her right eye and I got really scared I stepped away for some seconds and she was normal like nothing happened that lasted for like 15 or 20 seconds, was she scared or stressed because I was near her, knowing she is used to me and I always give her food by hand

It SOUNDS like she was just washing her eye. They kind of squish it around which is normal. They generally do this when you spray.

Remember, if going to be offering greens, always do it AFTER they have eaten their appropriately gutloaded/dusted insect feeders first so they do not fill up on the greens and miss important proteins and minerals from an insect diet. :)

It SOUNDS like she was just washing her eye. They kind of squish it around which is normal. They generally do this when you spray.

Remember, if going to be offering greens, always do it AFTER they have eaten their appropriately gutloaded/dusted insect feeders first so they do not fill up on the greens and miss important proteins and minerals from an insect diet. :)
Thank you for this info! I never knew they wash their eyes I was dripping the water in her mouth though , she always has her greens after eating crickets or dubia bugs as a snack. I am not worried now

Back
Top Bottom