Chameleon newbie

Galaxy

Hey everyone,
Just decided to finally get involved with the community here and introduce myself since I've been lurking and soaking up all the information you guys have posted on here. (Seriously, this forum is a life saver. Made setting up his enclosure and familiarizing myself with chameleon health and behavior a breeze!)

I'm Andrea, but calling me Galaxy is just fine since I know there's many other Andreas out there. I just moved to Virginia from northern Utah last October after getting married. Currently, I'm just a housewife until I can track down a job.

My new little one is an Ambilobe panther chameleon who I've named Osiris. He's around 3-4 months old and I've had him for a week. He is from the Jupiter clutch at the Panther Company. I would post a picture but I'm currently on my tablet which doesn't have anything.

Osiris is a bit of an "Oops baby" for us since we had been planning on getting a blue tongue skink first before any other pets.
But it's been a relief to have an animal to take care of after moving to a rather sterile-feeling apartment. In Utah I had a cat and a rather large flock of pet chickens. So leaving all of them behind had me dealing with withdrawals.

Everything has been running smoothly for us so far, though my husband keeps trying to pressure me into holding Osiris and I can't even open the cage door without the little guy throwing on his stripes and hiding. I just don't think he's ready for that step quite yet. On the rare occasion i can tempt him into snagging a cricket or two from the cup while I'm holding it, but that's about the extent of our interaction. Hand feeding isn't even on the agenda as far as he's concerned.

So, that's pretty much us in a nutshell. :)

Welcome to the forums! I'm also a first time cham owner! I lurked and read for months before joining here and I picked up my guy in November! I read daily on here on various subjects and have learned so much.... Hope you can post some pictures of your little guy soon!!

We all lurk...now if I could figure out how to ask a question or find answers! It is so fun to learn from nice people!

Welcome Galaxy, from another new Cham owner! Like you, I lurked for at least 3 weeks before getting up the nerve to join and finally post just this morning. It's nice to chat with fellow Cham lovers!

Oh god did I lurk forever XD I lurked for about two months before finally asking questions and stuff and then another two months to my first baby panther Ryker my hybrid. I wanted to make sure I had everything perfect. I have been super happy with the help and friendliness on this website and have even been able to help people here and there myself. Unfortunately Ryker and I went through a rough patch recently where he got severely burned, but everyone here on the forums was helpful and told me to go to the vet's because he was burned, no one said anything bad. They told me how to fix my husbandry and everything is going good now, he's healing on his own without the need for ointment anymore ^^ All I can say is I love this place and no question you have about your baby is a stupid question. And yes I agree with the handling thing, if he's not ready don't force it, always take it slow with chams.

Back
Top Bottom