chameleon mating with hand?

lizzleberry

hi,
my male chameleon is a year old pretty much this week, he's been grumpy a lot recently and isn't 100% interested in food, he has shown more interest in his veg than his locusts and worms but not eating his normal amounts.
this morning i got him out and he gripped my hand really tightly and wrapped his tail round it tightly as well and what i'm assuming was his *male organ* appeared where his poop normally comes out and my first thought was "crap, back to the vets" thinking he had blood in his poop or something completely weird but now i'm wondering if maybe he just found my hand attractive.
it definitely wasn't poop, i put him straight back in his flex.
confused.
any one know what this is about?

I've read a few threads on here where chams have, er..., enjoyed their owners hand lol I haven't read anything about it being something to worry about though. As for going off food, my cham does that when he's about to shed, but he is only 5/6 months old.

Pascal did that to me before. He saw his reflection in the mirror, and instead of firing up he got "fired up". He only did it once, but he got "excited" when he saw me for a while after that lol:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom