cham living in a tree.

tcr03

i want to keep my cham in a ficus benjamen tree in my house. what can i do to keep him from leaving the tree.
and if anyone else has tried this i would love your input.

aeon76

That is how I currently keep one of my chameleons. I have two ficus that I linked together with some fake vines. He is in my bedroom with all the doors closed. Most of the time he stays there but every once and a while I find him on the curtain rod or on the top of my shelf with my teddy bear. I also keep my room very warm and have a basking light and 48 inch florescent uv lights and a dripper hanging from the ceiling over the trees. I would not suggest putting him in a high traffic area. If he gets off the tree, you wouldn't want someone to step on him. Whenever I go into my bedroom I always make sure to find him first.

ChamFreak

Avid Member
cham will mostly go for highest point they can see or get to. I was gonna do it but have to many other animals in my home and worry about the correct temp setting when in atmosphere like that!

tcr03

ill be feeding crix from a feeder cup. im just trying to see if it will work having the cham in a tree to free roam the tree and not get out of it.

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
I can't think of anything that would guarantee no escapes besides a cage of some kind.

Top Bottom