Are these sticks good?

elizaann2

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello all,

I’ve got this huge pile of sticks and branches that we’ve trimmed from some trees in our front yard. I’d love to use them for my chameleon enclosures if they will be good.

I’m worried they may mold easily because they come from maybe an English Burch tree or something and the bark flakes off easily. Thoughts? Has anyone else used this before?

Attachments

• IMG_8767.jpeg
    IMG_8767.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8766.jpeg
    IMG_8766.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8765.jpeg
    IMG_8765.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 27
Hello all,

I’ve got this huge pile of sticks and branches that we’ve trimmed from some trees in our front yard. I’d love to use them for my chameleon enclosures if they will be good.

I’m worried they may mold easily because they come from maybe an English Burch tree or something and the bark flakes off easily. Thoughts? Has anyone else used this before?
To me they look real smooth/slick. I personally like to go with real textured branches as much as possible to give them the best opportunity to grip. But I don't have a real answer for you here. They'd probably be fine. Hopefully someone familiar with these can chime in.

To me they look real smooth/slick. I personally like to go with real textured branches as much as possible to give them the best opportunity to grip. But I don't have a real answer for you here. They'd probably be fine. Hopefully someone familiar with these can chime in.
No worries, I appreciate your input. You are right, they are quite smooth, which was not something I was thinking about when looking at them earlier.

That’s from a tree or a bush? If the bark is that thin and it’s Kermit the frog green. I would pass

That’s from a tree or a bush? If the bark is that thin and it’s Kermit the frog green. I would pass
Ok thanks. I do h have other trees I can choose from so I’ll just send these to the green waste dump but save a few to see how they look in a few months.

Ok thanks. I do h have other trees I can choose from so I’ll just send these to the green waste dump but save a few to see how they look in a few months.
My kids’ school has birch trees near the pickup line area. I collect sticks with my daughter and pretend it’s just a game she likes to play haha. But after a while I just told the other parents look…I have chameleons and these are the best branches. I don’t care if I look nuts anymore.

My kids’ school has birch trees near the pickup line area. I collect sticks with my daughter and pretend it’s just a game she likes to play haha. But after a while I just told the other parents look…I have chameleons and these are the best branches. I don’t care if I look nuts anymore.
Same. I’ve pulled over to the side of the road to gather sticks and branches. Ain’t no shame to my stick gathering game 🤣

I would leave them for a few weeks to dry and see how they end up. I think they’re pretty solid and look bit similar to the olive tree branches, which I love to use a lot. However, the bark doesn’t come off that easily from an olive tree branch or even doesn’t come off.

Back
Top Bottom