Substrate, planting plants, laybin?

I agree, and I have been working with her Dr on other alternatives because she is such a picky eater that even herself with all dusted crickets she would much rather go hungry.

A large part of her lack of appetite would be due to not getting the UVB she needs. UVB will directly impact that along with many other aspects. She would be high risk for MBD as well with the coil bulb. They just do not have the output distance you need and have unstable UVI levels. Let us know what you ordered to replace the coil and we can give you distances based on the fixture type and bulb strength.

All along the right side of her body she is showing a line of bumps. I could see them quite well in another post you had pics in. This is most commonly linked to improper supplementation. They get these bumps then once you correct supplementation and ensure they have the right UVI level these will slowly reduce so they are not noticeable. You want to dust all insects you feed her. Repashy makes great supplements they are extremely fine and do not overly coat insects. Repashy NoD would be your calcium without D3 that you would use at every feeding and then Repashy Calcium Plus LoD version would be the multivitamin with D3 and A that you would use 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th.

A large part of her lack of appetite would be due to not getting the UVB she needs. UVB will directly impact that along with many other aspects. She would be high risk for MBD as well with the coil bulb. They just do not have the output distance you need and have unstable UVI levels. Let us know what you ordered to replace the coil and we can give you distances based on the fixture type and bulb strength.

All along the right side of her body she is showing a line of bumps. I could see them quite well in another post you had pics in. This is most commonly linked to improper supplementation. They get these bumps then once you correct supplementation and ensure they have the right UVI level these will slowly reduce so they are not noticeable. You want to dust all insects you feed her. Repashy makes great supplements they are extremely fine and do not overly coat insects. Repashy NoD would be your calcium without D3 that you would use at every feeding and then Repashy Calcium Plus LoD version would be the multivitamin with D3 and A that you would use 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th.
I will definitely look into that, I know her supplemental intake currently isn’t not 💯 but it’s better than where it was. She just really really hates the powder.

It’s barely a coating they almost look like they don’t have anything on them. She doesn’t seem to like the powder and would sooner starve than eat a bug that’s got it

Attachments

• IMG_2607.jpeg
    IMG_2607.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 14
So you really do not want to be feeding your insects oats. Hopefully she did not ingest any of it since it was put in her feeder. I will include a gutload image you can use for your insects.

Can you tell me the size of the insects? Does she choose certain insects over other ones?

chameleon-gutload.jpg

So you really do not want to be feeding your insects oats. Hopefully she did not ingest any of it since it was put in her feeder. I will include a gutload image you can use for your insects.

Can you tell me the size of the insects? Does she choose certain insects over other ones?

View attachment 349725
I didn’t give them the oats the came from the store like that, my husband just dumped them in instead of putting them in. Also she eats a large cricket and loves them and will take them
Over the small ones.

When I gut load mine I give them broccoli pieces, strawberries, tomatoes, carrots, things of that nature.

And she won’t touch the small meal worms. She doesn’t even look at them if it’s small, she ignores it.

I didn’t give them the oats the came from the store like that, my husband just dumped them in instead of putting them in. Also she eats a large cricket and loves them and will take them
Over the small ones.

When I gut load mine I give them broccoli pieces, strawberries, tomatoes, carrots, things of that nature.

And she won’t touch the small meal worms. She doesn’t even look at them if it’s small, she ignores it.
I would follow the list for proper gutload. You want mostly green veg and very little fruit.

The reason I was asking about her insect preference is some will back off of other feeders if they have a developed addition for superworms. BSFL would be a good feeder for her as well. These are high in calcium levels.

I would follow the list for proper gutload. You want mostly green veg and very little fruit.

The reason I was asking about her insect preference is some will back off of other feeders if they have a developed addition for superworms. BSFL would be a good feeder for her as well. These are high in calcium levels.
She loves calciworms and they are loaded in calcium too. She doesn’t eat a whole lot of super worms tho.

Back
Top Bottom