By now many of you have heard about the Cameroon shipment that came in legally within the last few days--the first in a long time. I was able to procure 30 quads, 20 montium, 14 cristatus, and 20 pfefferi. Some of the quads are red claws. Pretty good mix of juveniles and adults.

Some are in pretty good shape [all things considered], and some are not--all are dehydrated. I'm working to get them all acclimated and re-hydrated, they need some TLC.

Here are a few pictures from what I unpacked this afternoon...

Female quad...
IMG_5173.jpg

Male pfefferi...
IMG_5170.jpg

Another male pfefferi...
IMG_5162.jpg

Female pfefferi...
IMG_5152.jpg

Male montium...
IMG_5145.jpg

Male montium...
IMG_5159.jpg

Younger quad...
IMG_5141.jpg

IMG_5137.jpg

IMG_5134.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

Thanks for posting pictures! It has been a long while since we have seen shipments with all these species arrive into the USA.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
I promised myself I wouldn't stray from my current project or I would be buying quite a few from you. I have always been a sucker for montium, but then that's probably a given lol

I promised myself I wouldn't stray from my current project or I would be buying quite a few from you. I have always been a sucker for montium, but then that's probably a given lol

Hi Montium,

I've wanted to keep montium for quite some time--but never have had the opportunity until now. I was told they can be quite sensitive. If you have any quick pointers, I'd sure appreciate a PM :)

Thanks,
Sam

Hi Montium,

I've wanted to keep montium for quite some time--but never have had the opportunity until now. I was told they can be quite sensitive.

I kept montium for years back when they were the "cheap chameleon" and were selling for $30 ea. I didn't find them especially difficult. I kept them just like my quads. Selling babies was a challenge though.

Fingers crossed the acclimate well! These are all very nice species!

Can you post additional photos of the animal below. She doesn't look like a typical female T. pfefferi in this photo and I want to help make sure you have her ID correct.

Chris

Good catch Chris--that's actually a female montium. I mislabeled it.

Thanks,
Sam

Back
Top Bottom