Calling all T. quadricornis keepers!

Ok Gene, for you here is the info. My friend is Cheryl Garcia, little leaf, on the forum. She has a female due to lay any day. This is the girl that Carl Cattau has eggs from, that due to hatch very soon. There my big secret is out. You can send Cheryl a PM I am sure she will chat with you.

I will work on the guys to get some pictures up for us.

Ok Gene, for you here is the info. My friend is Cheryl Garcia, little leaf, on the forum. She has a female due to lay any day. This is the girl that Carl Cattau has eggs from, that due to hatch very soon. There my big secret is out. You can send Cheryl a PM I am sure she will chat with you.

I will work on the guys to get some pictures up for us.

The WC one-eyed gravid female from the December import laid while in Carl's care, but she was sent back to Cheryl after the WC male died? Is that right? You mention that she is gravid again and ready to lay soon at Cheryl's. Do you know if she is gravid from the male that died (or else another male Carl had), or is she gravid again from retained sperm from the mating in the wild?

These are a couple of old pictures of my male Trioceros quadricornis gracilor Max. This guy is great. Trioceros quadricornis quadricornis and Trioceros quadricornis gracilor seem from the specimens I have kept as being a shy species of chameleon in captivity. He is located in the back corner of the greenhouse with his enclosure secluded from everyone and he is totally happy. However he is great specimen and alone which is a problem. I am keeping and eye out looking for females to pair with him, breed, and make some kind of a breeding group to not allow this specimen to not live in solitude. This all within the space requirement that I am working with now.

aQqVkH.jpg

EIIaxG.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Here's Gustov (you can call him Gus), I got him from ponders and he's eight months old:

It's difficult to get a picture showing his colors but he's got yellow and blue dots on top of his head now, and continues to change at an amazing rate. Great animal. Another shot:

Last edited:
I also have quad quads. Two boys from Tylene, a WC boy from the first shipment, and a gravid girl from Laurie. Can't wait for babies!

The WC one-eyed gravid female from the December import laid while in Carl's care, but she was sent back to Cheryl after the WC male died? Is that right? You mention that she is gravid again and ready to lay soon at Cheryl's. Do you know if she is gravid from the male that died (or else another male Carl had), or is she gravid again from retained sperm from the mating in the wild?

Yes it is the same cham. She was given to Cheryl and Carl does not plan to work with any quads. Cheryl has always loved her. She is gravid with retained sperm form the mating in the wild. So hopefully we will have more genetics for the gene pool.

What are you working with Perry? You didn't say.

Yes it is the same cham. She was given to Cheryl and Carl does not plan to work with any quads. Cheryl has always loved her. She is gravid with retained sperm form the mating in the wild. So hopefully we will have more genetics for the gene pool.

What are you working with Perry? You didn't say.

I have 2.3 regular quads and a WC pair of adult Ambilobe panthers. Sometimes I also feel that I'm working with my 12 year old son's pair of Jackson's since I'm frequently feeding or catching food for them. To be fair though, he catches food for the quads and panthers all the time. :)

The male quads I have are Pablo and Sherman. Pablo is the adult male that you hatched and the one I bought from Ryan. Sherman is a WC male from the February shipment. He was smallish when I got him, but he has grown amazingly fast. I would say he has grown more quickly than any cbb baby I've ever had. He has also shown breeding behavior, but I haven't witnessed him mating yet. In addition, Janet has loaned me TianLong, one of her adult males to breed with my females.

TianLong bred with Gracie, my 3 year old cbb female, soon after he arrived. This will be her first clutch.

My other two females are Nova and Miss Piggy. Nova, my lone WC female from the December shipment, laid 12 eggs at the beginning of April. Two of the eggs went bad near the 4 month mark. Upon opening them up, I found they both had undeveloped embryos (too undeveloped IMO for being close to 4 months). The other 10 eggs still look good and will hopefully hatch around the beginning of September. Nova subsequently laid another clutch of 12 eggs, but they were infertile and molded over within a few weeks. The eggs showed no signs of vascularization whatsoever. They contained nothing but yolk.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think Miss Piggy is past her prime. I'm not sure if I'll ever get any more eggs from her, but she gave me quite a few clutches years ago. She is the WC female that started my bloodline B. Miss Piggy suffered a tongue injury quite some time ago, but she readily and enthusiastically takes insects from my fingers so feeding her isn't a problem.

Finally, I have a pair of WC panthers that I bought earlier this year. The female laid her 3rd clutch just a couple of days ago. Now that I have a species whose eggs might hatch in as little as 7 months or as long as 10 months (or more), I'm finding it more difficult to plan the timing of any vacation I want to take. :) With quads, it's a cinch because most every clutch I've had hatched right around 5 months, give or take a week.

Perry

sorry so late

sorry so late to the thread- its really busy here - lol
yes, I do have the one eyed female from Carl , I tried to get good pics of her, but she does not like the camera at all- and I dont like stressing her - she is quite grumpy - lol the pics are not very good, but here she is :D getting quite fat - hopefully we will get some good eggs - they would be from retained sperm
I also have a K Boehmei who I think is gravid, and a Jax ready to pop, and 19 panther eggs - so if I think it is busy now , I think its going to get a lot more :eek:
here are some really bad pics of her :eek: :eek: and the last one , she had had enough and crawled into my shirt - lol

Attachments

• 11873289_998589900173961_1845912534_o.jpg
    11873289_998589900173961_1845912534_o.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 11896923_998590320173919_1169849265_n.jpg
    11896923_998590320173919_1169849265_n.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 416
  • 11872897_998590716840546_270857781_n.jpg
    11872897_998590716840546_270857781_n.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 341
  • 11902227_998597110173240_873869638_o.jpg
    11902227_998597110173240_873869638_o.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 387
  • 11880974_998597150173236_371773950_n.jpg
    11880974_998597150173236_371773950_n.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 323
sorry so late to the thread- its really busy here - lol
yes, I do have the one eyed female from Carl , I tried to get good pics of her, but she does not like the camera at all- and I dont like stressing her - she is quite grumpy - lol the pics are not very good, but here she is :D getting quite fat - hopefully we will get some good eggs - they would be from retained sperm
I also have a K Boehmei who I think is gravid, and a Jax ready to pop, and 19 panther eggs - so if I think it is busy now , I think its going to get a lot more :eek:
here are some really bad pics of her :eek: :eek: and the last one , she had had enough and crawled into my shirt - lol

Wow. She's gorgeous. It's looking like there's four pairs of gracilior accounted for. Four males, four females. Not including the two clutches we know about and the two hopefully on the way. Any one else out there? I'd love to be proven wrong on this.

Reading this whole thread has given me quad fever. This has got to be one of the most beautiful species of chameleons.
How different are they compared to panthers concerning there everyday care and setup.

Wow. She's gorgeous. It's looking like there's four pairs of gracilior accounted for. Four males, four females. Not including the two clutches we know about and the two hopefully on the way. Any one else out there? I'd love to be proven wrong on this.

Only four pair and only two pair actually paired up with breeders? Tell me that's not so!

For the sake of graciliors in the US I hope all the breeders who have any connection at all to quads will ask around and help locate graciliors that might be in the hands of people who haven't read this thread. I suspect some people have "quads" butt don't know there is a difference between the nominate species (quad quads) and the subspecies gracilior. Or maybe they haven't really looked closely at what they have and thought they bought quad quads but got graciliors.There were a lot imported in those two shipments.

And I have eggs due to hatch any day now. My first ever reptile eggs. Do I feel the pressure!

Reading this whole thread has given me quad fever. This has got to be one of the most beautiful species of chameleons.
How different are they compared to panthers concerning there everyday care and setup.

They are a montane species so low temps and high humidity are the big issues. Over supplementing can be a problem. The Fort Worth zoo froze 1000 quad eggs recently so they can't be too difficult.

They are a montane species so low temps and high humidity are the big issues. Over supplementing can be a problem. The Fort Worth zoo froze 1000 quad eggs recently so they can't be too difficult.

Why would the zoo freeze 1000 eggs? Where did they get 1000 eggs?

Zoos never share with hobbyists. They must have a big breeding population. I found this out from the reptile keepers at the San Antonio zoo.

They usually have many more specimens than on display so they can rotate them out. I also know the zoo here has supported the Lacey act and possibly to the extreme that no exotic animals should be owned by private individuals. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was one of the early cases taken on by USARK. It doesn't surprise me in the least that if they can't place them in other institutions that they'd dispose of them before letting them go into the market, even though it could possibly relieve some of the pressure of collecting wild chameleons, and is exactly why I believe it's important that we work to establish them as well because they can't possibly work with all the species. I would like to hear the other side of the story though.

Careful. They can get stuck in your craw. I've had them and especially graciliors(since the first time I laid eyes on an orange headed male) stuck in mine for over 15 years now. Anyone else remember the old Reptile Specialties logo? They are montanes, thanks for covering that Janet. Sorry the zoo thing threw me on a tangent rant. Been a crazy week.

Careful. They can get stuck in your craw. I've had them and especially graciliors(since the first time I laid eyes on an orange headed male) stuck in mine for over 15 years now. Anyone else remember the old Reptile Specialties logo? They are montanes, thanks for covering that Janet. Sorry the zoo thing threw me on a tangent rant. Been a crazy week.
yes they do !! lol
to bad this guy passed, but at least I got to have him here for a while and study him a bit - this was the male that was going to be paired with my girl - but he passed right before he was to come back with her, but he is the one who made me fall in love with them ( and the female, so crabby, but just love her ) he was so friendly, and mellow - awesome little guy

Attachments

• male gracilior.jpg
    male gracilior.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 347
Back
Top Bottom