Calling all kammer babies

Discussion in 'General Photography' started by SonTigerPantherCham, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Benton1576

Benton1576 New Member

Hi, im confused. Theres so many people on here who completely disagree with cross breeding panther locales. Why is it the kammerflage creations can do it but nobody seems to care because there chameleons are nice looking? If i was to breed crosses i would get shot down in an instant and my reputation would get tarnished before its even built up properly. How can you guys say that your chameleon is a "pure" Ambilobe or Nosy Be etc if they are known for breeding "morphs"?

2. Ace

Ace New Member

they have been in the cham keeping for a long while...they worked on pure locales far longer than their cross breedings. and all of their cross breedings have been recorded ..just look at the insane percentages, no joke

they have alot of chams, i guess to your question, if you want to be a cham breeder stick to pures...build up a reputation....then somewhere along the road with your animals only, you can decide if you want to afford breeding morphs

the whole debate or disaggreement about crossess is long and tireless... its not the fact they are crosses but the danger of losing track and can mess up prue locales "accidently"

there is more to discuss but i'd just use the search function to get be more informed about the subject

as far as i know...the kammers are the only ones that have real crosses that are really mixed with variety, not just 50/50 of two things but more ,and have valid percentages...

its because they are so open about it and rather honest of what they have is because people like them or i guess trust them...

if you thinkmy post was useless hopefully others can answer you better, lol or maybe just give the kammersa call and askthem questions or talk a variety of people about the kammers....probably not good to ask on this threadm since it might be more biased lol

clarkrw3 likes this.
  3. SonTigerPantherCham

SonTigerPantherCham New Member

Would you do me a huge favor?
    This is a great discussion, just not on my "fun" thread.
    I am sure you will have lots of feedback, both for and against
    I would just like to see it on a different thread, so this one doesn't get hijacked to a different direction.
    Thank you, thank you! Anne

4. Benton1576

Benton1576 New Member

Sorry SonTigerPantherCham, i was just wondering and so couldnt help posting. Thanks for the swift answer Ace and it makes complete sense to me about keeping a record, percentages etc. Shame we cant get any of the pure locales over here in the UK at a reasonable price, some of them are amazing, especially the nosy be pics ive been seeing. they would make keeping chameleons more "designer" again!!! :D

5. SonTigerPantherCham

thank you for being so understanding!
    now if you happen to have a Kammers I would love to see pics of it :D

Ed and Liddy are everything Ace says, and more!
    more than 30 years of breeding, and keeping impecable records
    I know Ed would talk to you about it if you ever wanted to discuss it

Start a thred, I know others have here about crosses, and its interesting the difference of opinion!
    anne

6. clarkrw3

clarkrw3 New Member

Ok to get this thread back on topic here are a few pictures of George my Son Tiger baby today :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

markaswanston likes this.
  7. SonTigerPantherCham

my, my Clark...George is really starting to color up!
    He looks awesome :p
    thank you!
    I have pics I took today, going to try and dl

8. Fastedmclintock

Fastedmclintock New Member

My little guy, 4 months old. Sire is "Soa-Poaka" from Kammer. He is doing great and eating like a champ. However he is a very feisty little guy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Soa-Poaka:
    [​IMG]

9. Dracula911

Dracula911 New Member

hey clark hows georges tounge problem doing hes looking really good :)

10. clarkrw3

clarkrw3 New Member

Thx for asking. He still if having problems. He has been on Baytril for a week and it seems to be getting better (in that his misses aren't as far off), but still missing his food. I have been hand feeding him and with the Baytril his appetite isn't what it use to be. Seems like the only things he will take right now are crickets and supers, so that's his diet right now. Over the last few days I have been trying to get him as much natural sun as possible when it gets 112 deg here right now (so early mornings for few hrs.)

11. svamarlins

svamarlins New Member

Here is our first cham from Kammers. His sire is also Soa Poaka and he is about 12 weeks old. Took him outside for the first time and wow check out those colors[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. azgnoinc

azgnoinc New Member

My first Kammer baby- Archimedes, his sire is Holman from arrival to now:

9/19/10 - first time free ranging
    [​IMG]

11/25/10
    [​IMG]

1/2/11 - 6 months old and showing some color
    [​IMG]

3/19/11 pre-shed
    [​IMG]

3/26/11 post shed
    [​IMG]

6/18/11 - natural sun for the first time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7/7/11 - with a female within site
    [​IMG]

and the sire -"Holman" from Kammers
    [​IMG]

13. svamarlins

svamarlins New Member

WOW he is pretty cool looking

14. del33

del33 Member

This is Krayola. He's an Ambilobe sired by Odre-Ahy! (Oh My!). He's about 4mos. old. We're trying to get a fired up pic, but he's so chill. I can hold a mirror up to him and he just looks at it as if to say, "yeah,,, so??"

15. Eltortu

Eltortu Established Member

This is Frankie, RIP. IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

16. Helios

Helios New Member

Speaking of kammers...I just ordered a baby Iron Man I'm super excited

17. seanUTD

seanUTD New Member

LOL I have an identical picture to your last picture haha I was like "WOAH SOMEONE STOLE MY PIC!"

18. wendyeeeo

wendyeeeo Established Member

Wow - what a beauty! I missed the beginning of your thread, unfortunately. Who was the sire?

19. allencg101

allencg101 Member

here are two of my 3 new nosey be's!!! itty bitty babies!!!

Attached Files:

20. Zajlol

Zajlol New Member

hey this is my kammer baby hes a sambava from the sire cortez he is now 6 months old almost 7
    i have a pic when i first got him he was so small!! and now some new ones!
    he is super friendly also!!

Attached Files:

TheSmokeyChameleon likes this.