C. crypticum getting a snack

I reckon he did have some Young for sale a while back. in his some nice Pictures thread. but then again he works with other people and it may have been of one of his friends. Ask him in Facebook. he will be able to Point you in the right direction atleats

Amazing how difficult it can be to correctly identify chameleons in the brevicorne-clade. I am glad there are others that have noticed the crazy tail. How did your crypticum do in the 90's?
I actually didn't have it that long. I do remember that it was a good eater and pretty robust. I was working with a pet store at that time, and eventually traded it in for a couple jacksons as I recall. This was like... 1992? I was 18 and quite new although it had been my life's goal to have chameleons since I was 5.

Great post, so cool. I had a gravid import two years ago but she died before laying. Your female looks healthy and vibrant. I'm amazed she can eat so much when gravid.

Your post was a lot of fun for me to read, because a couple weeks ago I got quite a few C. brevicorne eggs, and I was reading about how to tell the difference between female brevicorne vs. crypticum. The reason is, I saw a picture of a gravid crypticum in the book, and it looked so much like my gravid brevicornes (brown body, yellow heads, etc). I thought to myself, "Could I have crypticums?"

I read the dorsal crest can be a sign, and so I noticed in one of your pictures that your female has a tall dorsal spike every fourth spike, an easily noticeable pattern. A pattern my chams don't share. I also noticed your female has a lot more yellow/green on her body (versus brown for the brevs).

Anyhow, super interesting post. It confirmed to me that mine are definitely brevs and not crypticum.

Do you have an incubation plan?

Best,

Sam

Great post, so cool. I had a gravid import two years ago but she died before laying. Your female looks healthy and vibrant. I'm amazed she can eat so much when gravid.

Your post was a lot of fun for me to read, because a couple weeks ago I got quite a few C. brevicorne eggs, and I was reading about how to tell the difference between female brevicorne vs. crypticum. The reason is, I saw a picture of a gravid crypticum in the book, and it looked so much like my gravid brevicornes (brown body, yellow heads, etc). I thought to myself, "Could I have crypticums?"

I read the dorsal crest can be a sign, and so I noticed in one of your pictures that your female has a tall dorsal spike every fourth spike, an easily noticeable pattern. A pattern my chams don't share. I also noticed your female has a lot more yellow/green on her body (versus brown for the brevs).

Anyhow, super interesting post. It confirmed to me that mine are definitely brevs and not crypticum.

Do you have an incubation plan?

Best,

Sam

Glad you enjoyed it, Sam. The time it took to confirm the species was crazy.

I too am blown away by the amounts she can eat. The eggs are fairly small, so I am figuring she has another month of carrying before she lays. Just my thoughts.

Honestly, I am not all that certain about incubation yet. I am awaiting some ground temps from MadCham. I would imagine I would incubate them between 66-68 degrees with a diapause. What are your plans?

Glad you enjoyed it, Sam. The time it took to confirm the species was crazy.

I too am blown away by the amounts she can eat. The eggs are fairly small, so I am figuring she has another month of carrying before she lays. Just my thoughts.

Honestly, I am not all that certain about incubation yet. I am awaiting some ground temps from MadCham. I would imagine I would incubate them between 66-68 degrees with a diapause. What are your plans?

I'm definitely leaning towards incubating them with a diapause. I believe I heard their incubation is very long.

Back
Top Bottom