C. crypticum getting a snack

jpowell86

Chameleon Enthusiast
This girl is very gravid. The eggs are easily palpated. But, I have no idea how far along she is. Anyways, I am feeding her non stop. She is a machine. Before this hornworm, she ate roughly 15 crickets and after the hornworm, she ate another 4 hornworms of appropriate size.

Here is a little clip of her eating one. Not a great video....sorry for the turn at the end.

@jajeanpierre - We have displaying and head bobbing!! The female is going light and holding up her tail. Fingers crossed.

IMAG1077.jpg

IMAG1019.jpg

Thanks, Jeremy! How are your residents doing?

They are doing great! Great to hear you were able to palpate the female belly Okay. I think there is a lot of chameleon keepers looking forward to hear what kind of results you have with Calumm crypticum clutches. When your female produce fertile clutches. Good luck!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
I'm so glad someone else noticed that! I have said that from the first time I saw him. The tail is absurdly long. It reminds me of grass lizards.
One of my very first chameleons in the early 90s came in as an "Elephant Ear" chameleon. I think it was in fact a C. Crypticum although at the time no one really knew. Anyway, I remember so distinctly being stunned at the length of the tail.

man, I absolutly love those litle bastards. I wish you the most luck with the female laying her eggs. for what I have been Reading females of wc brevicorne complex, for some reason do not do well when they are to lay their eggs. and that really bugs me. what exactly is that not going right when they are laying. and what can be done to correct it.

One of my very first chameleons in the early 90s came in as an "Elephant Ear" chameleon. I think it was in fact a C. Crypticum although at the time no one really knew. Anyway, I remember so distinctly being stunned at the length of the tail.

Amazing how difficult it can be to correctly identify chameleons in the brevicorne-clade. I am glad there are others that have noticed the crazy tail. How did your crypticum do in the 90's?

man, I absolutly love those litle bastards. I wish you the most luck with the female laying her eggs. for what I have been Reading females of wc brevicorne complex, for some reason do not do well when they are to lay their eggs. and that really bugs me. what exactly is that not going right when they are laying. and what can be done to correct it.

Yeah, that is in the back of my mind for sure. I know quite a few keepers that have either had issues getting their females to lay or having issues with their recovery. So, I am actually glad that the female I know is gravid is still eating. Hopefully she was imported early enough in the stages that I won't have to deal with this issue. But I would be shocked if it went off without a hitch. But that is the hope!

Glad you enjoy them. Hopefully Janet and I will have babies in the future!

Yeah, that is in the back of my mind for sure. I know quite a few keepers that have either had issues getting their females to lay or having issues with their recovery. So, I am actually glad that the female I know is gravid is still eating. Hopefully she was imported early enough in the stages that I won't have to deal with this issue. But I would be shocked if it went off without a hitch. But that is the hope!

Glad you enjoy them. Hopefully Janet and I will have babies in the future!
yepp. but remember. there are CB crypticum (jurgen), so somehow it can be done. atleast to get the female to lay and hatch the eggs. so there is hope man. and I hope your female make it prefectly.

yepp. but remember. there are CB crypticum (jurgen), so somehow it can be done. atleast to get the female to lay and hatch the eggs. so there is hope man. and I hope your female make it prefectly.

I didn't know Jurgen was working with crypticum. Is this at the present time? I would like to pick his brain.

I didn't know Jurgen was working with crypticum. Is this at the present time? I would like to pick his brain.
I reckon he did have some Young for sale a while back. but then again he works with other people and it may have been of one of his friends. Ask him in Facebook. he will be able to Point you in the right direction atleats

Back
Top Bottom