Behold!

I'm glad they mostly all made it to you safe and sound! That heat wave had me worried šŸ„µ I will have plenty more to get rid of in a week or two!

More pleasant or less unpleasant? :unsure:

-------------------------------------------------

Authors usually have a personal stock of their books (small publishers would rather pay them in books than cash), though if their supply is low they may not admit itā€”saving them for "special" gifts.

But it never hurts to ask.

Yes I'll agree with that statement šŸ¤£

Orin McMonigle is active on the roachforum, he's a serious expert, and author.

They also named a roach after him, that's shows how respected he is.

https://www.amazon.com/Love-Cockroaches-Husbandry-Biology-Blattodea/dp/1616463368

This is his best work and everyone should own a copy, I have a signed copy. :p
That's awesome, good to know I have somewhere to go if I dig myself too big of a roach hole! bahaha

Well I caught the baby hissers making a jail break. They certainly live up to their reputation.

Luckily they don't seem to want exit the container just yet, and the two that did, got nabbed by local spiders that I allow to live next to my reptile and feeder enclosures to catch escapes, namely crickets.

I've got fluon on the way, along with the barrier roach crossing uses.

Either way my house is far to cold and dry for hissers babies to last very long.

IDK if this has been posted beforeā€”it's almost 2 yrs. old, but just popped up on today's newsfeed.

... and ladybugs are a definite, "Uh-uh" for chameleons! :eek:

Well for some reason the ivory heads have suddenly not been eating much so I did a roach check, they all look fat and healthy and numbers haven't changed.
0710211759d.jpg

0710211759b.jpg

The adults
0710211807e~2.jpg

0710211807c~2.jpg

Aside from the reduced appetite everyone looks good.

Lost 3 hissers as but, maybe they were just damaged from stress and shipping, all the rest are very active. Lots of babies and I've had to place a screen over the cage to stop escapes, until the fluon arrives.

Switched my hissers to a gasket container, since the babies just waltz over any barrier lol.

@jamest0o0 do you roaches go through cycles of reduced appetite and then unabashed gluttony? At the moment all my roaches are being dainty eaters despite warm temps. Funnily enough a few weeks prior they were insatiable.

Im used to keeping Periplaneta species in Florida, and they always were ravenous, despite temps.

Just hoping everything is normal, since they are all active and presumably healthy.

@jamest0o0 do you roaches go through cycles of reduced appetite and then unabashed gluttony? At the moment all my roaches are being dainty eaters despite warm temps. Funnily enough a few weeks prior they were insatiable.

Im used to keeping Periplaneta species in Florida, and they always were ravenous, despite temps.

I'm not the person you asked, but a lot of my colonies seem to cycle between wanting high carb or high protein foods... Like some weeks they'll literally fight over the small bit of cat food I chuck in, and others it just sits there for days (which usually coincides with carrots being demolished at record speed šŸ˜„)

I'm not the person you asked, but a lot of my colonies seem to cycle between wanting high carb or high protein foods... Like some weeks they'll literally fight over the small bit of cat food I chuck in, and others it just sits there for days (which usually coincides with carrots being demolished at record speed šŸ˜„)

Perfect, so they are just acting spoiled then, go figure.

The difference between WC roaches and our CB ones is impressive.

I've read somewhere that roaches seek food that with nutrients that they are in most need of. They're also very good at storing nutrients I believe... so maybe they are filling up on what they need and wanting something else? Just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom