Behold!

My epic colony of cold stunned roaches.

I'm calling you out @jamest0o0 your pathetic roach colonies can't hold a candle to these numbers. Post more so I can gloat mercilessly.

View attachment 291957
View attachment 291958
In all seriousness I don't know how many will make it, ive messed with a few that seemed dead, but they would pull their feets in when they thought I wasn't looking.

I will check on them tomorrow to see who's dead vs who is expertly playing dead.(They are being slowly warmed up to 80 degrees)

I have more ordered from another source as well so hopefully I will get a good genetic base.

All in all not an auspicious return to the roach hobby but a start.

Also who can guess the species based off the nymphs, I have a single living adult and know what they are but this could be a fun game.
🤢

I finally have adult Dubia.
0922211516c~3.jpg

0922211516~2.jpg

0922211515~2.jpg

0922211516c~2.jpg

No baby ivory heads though and that is some what disappointing but they have a long life span.

I have adult Dubia as well although I never intended to let them grow that big but my Cham went on a hunger strike for about a month and ate very little so now I have these huge roaches that I don’t know what to do with! Some of them are left over from months that didn’t get eaten and I bought more so that’s how they got that big as well.

I have adult Dubia as well although I never intended to let them grow that big but my Cham went on a hunger strike for about a month and ate very little so now I have these huge roaches that I don’t know what to do with! Some of them are left over from months that didn’t get eaten and I bought more so that’s how they got that big as well.
Looks like you have the perfect start to your own dubia colony. :)

As long as their girth will fit between Eustis’ eyes, he should still be able to handle them.

1638259664074.png

I figured I'd try to offer moist cat food to the roaches to make hydrating them easier.

They all turned their noses up at it, and refused to eat it. They do however like their dry dog food and fruit...... Go figure
I've had the same issue, even when I'm trying to give them the 'good' stuff (blue buffalo; I have a particular and spoiled brat of a cat). I know it isn't an issue with it being meat based or high protein, because all my roaches (except the bananas; still figuring them out) devour kitten food (45% protein) and grain free varieties with no issue.

Maybe it has something to do with whatever preservatives are used for wet food? Maybe it's just wet cat food in particular? I'll have to save a bit of canned dog food from my skinks' next meals to test...

Back
Top Bottom