Anyone with experience in female prolapse?

Elly update

Thank you for all the kind words, prayers and support. Elly made it through the past two days without it coming back out, well not all the way out anyway. Both yesterday and today she did a tiny poop with what looked like a couple little drops of diluted blood and I could see something red starting to come out of her vent both days but I have been able to push it back in myself so far each time. Yesterday she still wouldn't eat so we gave her a small amount of the Repta Boost mixed with pedialyte instead of water. She has been drinking both yesterday and today and doesn't look dehydrated anymore. I got her to eat 3 tiny super worms (her favorite) today. Now if we can get through tomorrow.

Thank you for all the kind words, prayers and support. Elly made it through the past two days without it coming back out, well not all the way out anyway. Both yesterday and today she did a tiny poop with what looked like a couple little drops of diluted blood and I could see something red starting to come out of her vent both days but I have been able to push it back in myself so far each time. Yesterday she still wouldn't eat so we gave her a small amount of the Repta Boost mixed with pedialyte instead of water. She has been drinking both yesterday and today and doesn't look dehydrated anymore. I got her to eat 3 tiny super worms (her favorite) today. Now if we can get through tomorrow.

Im so glad it hasnt came compleatly out. it seems like shes doing ok and with your care she has the best chance their is. :) if shes eating and drinking thats good news.

well that is good news Jann! I know she is not out of the woods yet, but I have confidence she is gonna pull through. She is a survivor!! She is lucky to have you for a mom! :)

well that is good news Jann! I know she is not out of the woods yet, but I have confidence she is gonna pull through. She is a survivor!! She is lucky to have you for a mom! :)

You can say that again!! I am so glad to hear the news Jann...I will update the kiddo's, they have had "elly the Vailed Chameleon" in their prayers ever since your first post. They have quite a list of things they pray for every night and I am always surprised at what they throw in of there own...lately it's been the disposition of a couple of my female chams:eek::D:D
You are a fabulous Cham care giver Jann!! If anyone can get her health again it's you;)

I too couldn't agree more! She is a fighter and Jann is such a wonderful Mom I know she won't let her go down without a fight. I feel so much in my heart that Jann will get sweet Elly through this.

Elly update

Elly seems to be improving everyday. I'm almost afraid to say that. She ate 3 very small hornworms yesterday and today, had plenty of water to drink and did her first normal looking poop since the prolapse. Her vent did look swollen and a little something trying to put out but I kept pushing it back in and several hours after the poop it looks almost normal.

I have worked MANY hours with H&R Block for 27 years and this is the first year that I'm going to part time. I just can't leave these guys in the mornings. They are less active in the afternoons and evenings so I will only work limited hours this years evenings and nights.

We are sure pulling for Elly and it sounds like your sweet girl is making progress :)

Keeping up the prayers for both of you!

Elly seems to be improving everyday. I'm almost afraid to say that. She ate 3 very small hornworms yesterday and today, had plenty of water to drink and did her first normal looking poop since the prolapse. Her vent did look swollen and a little something trying to put out but I kept pushing it back in and several hours after the poop it looks almost normal.

I have worked MANY hours with H&R Block for 27 years and this is the first year that I'm going to part time. I just can't leave these guys in the mornings. They are less active in the afternoons and evenings so I will only work limited hours this years evenings and nights.
jann\, your so sweet putting your chameleons before everything.\

im so happy she doing better, thats just wonderful news :D

Thank you for all of your concerns. She's looking good, eating, drinking, sunning and I think she's still improving but a little bit has poked back out every time she poops. I have to put it back in with a steroid ointment and Qtips immediately. The vets have her on a laxative (Lactulose) because she was constipated and straining to go it what caused the prolapes to start with. They are trying to get the dosage just right so she doesn't strain and she's not going all the time.

Glad she is eating and drinking and slightly improving! I'm sure they'll get the dosage right! How often is she going? It seems like you'd have to be around all the time to make sure nothing happens!!

LPR08

Glad she is eating and drinking and slightly improving! I'm sure they'll get the dosage right! How often is she going? It seems like you'd have to be around all the time to make sure nothing happens!!

LPR08

Thank you and you are correct about me not being able to leave her. I had a friend stay at my house while I went to the doctor the other day with cell phone numbers in hand. My husband works 5 minutes from the house. Today I am asking if I can bring her to work with me this year at H&R Block. If they want allow her to hang on a plant in the back I'm going to have to work evenings and nights only this year. Wish me luck that they will have some compassion.

Jann, glad to hear she is hanging in there and not really had a relapse so to speak. I bet that is a first at H & R Block! Not "Can I bring my kid to work with me but my chameleon"!! lol Only us chameleon lovers could really understand I guess.

Back
Top Bottom