Anyone with experience in female prolapse?

Thanks ladies. Carol all of the people at my work know me and my chameleons. I take at least a couple of them in each tax season for a vist, plus I have the office Chameleon Forums calendar and tons of pictures. :)

Olimpia, if it were years ago I probably wouldn't have a problem taking her to work but now all companies are so strick about everything. :eek: When Lizbeth was little she had chicken pops and the daycare wouldn't keep her and she had to go to work with me everyday for over a week.

LPR08, she has been going once a day.

Jann I understand you concern and need to be with Elly. I do hope your employers will be understanding and let you bring her with you. Please know that even with all I having going right now... I have no stopped thinking of how you and Elly are doing. Please know I will continue to keep you both in prayers. Keep us posted and sending you the extra strength you need to get through this with sweet Elly.

Thank you Raphael and Robin. Elly's is about the same. She looks good and eating and drinking but it has still come back out a little everytime she poops. My work said NO to bringing Elly to work. This would be against company policy and you never know if someone is allergic, never mind the fact, that the office would be wide open for other employees to be bringing their pets. We already have a receptionist that bring her child every single time she works and has done it for years. I really don't see the difference except Elly is way better behaved than any kid. :D I should have just put a plant on my desk and took her without asking. She's green and would blend right in. :) So now I'll work evenings, nights and some on the weekends when my huband's home to watch Elly.

My panther Bertha, one of my daughter's panther's that she left me with in Nov. 2010 has been very ill and I'm afraid that I'm going to loose her. She's looking really bad. My vet has had her on antibiotics two different rounds (2 kinds) but she's not responding.

That stinks about them not letting you bringing her in! At least you still can work it out so you can work, and Elly is still being supervised.

Are y'all still working on getting the dosage right?

LPR08

Glad Elly is maintaining! How does she take the lactulose? In my experience, birds take readily to lactulose because it is so sweet, so dosing is rarely a problem. Do you use a curve tip syringe at the corner of her mouth, or a cricket?

I'm curious because I'm fully capable of dosing nearly anyone else's animals, but I'm horrible at forcing mine to do anything.

Submitted for your approval,
Tyg

im glad elly is stable. hopefully the panther will be ok aswell. :( alots been going on with you lately, i hope this get better soon for you :)

That stinks about them not letting you bringing her in! At least you still can work it out so you can work, and Elly is still being supervised.

Are y'all still working on getting the dosage right?

LPR08

We are still working on getting the dosage correct. At first she was getting .05cc's of the lactulose twice a day and then we went to .03 cc's everyday and now .03cc's everyother day. I still can not leave Elly alone unsupervised.

TyggyToo, so far we have been giving the lactulose via syringe because she's also on Metacam and that stuff smells nasty so it probably taste nasty too. I had thought about injectioning her feeders but didn't want to do anything to discorage her from eating. Once she's off the Metacam I'll try giving her the lactulose via just putting a drop on her nose and seeing if she lap it off.

Thank you Morgan for always thinking of me and my guys.

Metacam actually tastes like honey (according to my vet) - that's why my sugar glider enjoyed it so much! When Tommy was being given Metacam I injected one feeder per day and he ALWAYS ate it - in fact that was the only time he would eat every day was when he was on a course of Metacam!

Jann...how old is Bertha? Can you give me some details?

Bertha was three years old. I started catching Bertha with her eyes closed in the daytime about a month ago. I tried the hot showers and Terramycin without any success. Dr. Alfonso did a home visit the end of Dec. and he thought she had an infection so he had me give her a round of the antibiotic Orbax. After a week she was not improving so he had me extend it three more days. After about a week of being off the Orbax and still closing her eyes some during the day he said to try Baytril. She showed no improvement on the Baytril either. This past weekend she stopped eating and Sunday she looked bad. Monday she seems to have improved a bit but when I got up yesterday morning she was really bad. I just sit and rocked her and held her against my chest until she passed.

I'm sorry I didn't realize she had passed. You've had more than your share of problems with chameleons lately. I hope things will be looking up now.

Jann I know it was heartbreaking for you... but I'm sure Bertha knew you were there with her til the end. Sacrificing your own pain to be there for her. Bless your heart.

I'm sorry I didn't realize she had passed. You've had more than your share of problems with chameleons lately. I hope things will be looking up now.

I'm hoping things will look up, too. I just don't know how much more death I can handle. It's the very worst part of having a pet. My baby Elly is still not completely out of the woods yet and Mufasa (6 year old panther) never does really well. If you'd like to see pictures of Bertha I did a tribute to her here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/tribute-bertha-74158/#post695398

Thanks everyone for all the prayers and well wishes for Elly.

Just keep holding on to your sweet Elly. I'm sure she wants to get well for you as well. I am so deeply sorry for the pain you have had to suffer. The hardest part of loving someone is having to let them go... and you have had your share. Bless you.

Elly update

Elly's not doing well at all. My husband came running out to the car when I pulled up from work. He just left to go out of town for a business meeting tomorrow and I don't know if Elly will make it through the night. She's that light color, eyes sunk in and opening her mouth allot.

Elly has not been eating on her own for over a week and has continued to need my assistance getting her insides back in after each poop. Dr. Alfonso said she seems to still have a swollen intestinal area where the prolapse occurred. He doesn't think there's anything else that can be done for her as the issue seems to be with the actual intestine. Even if we could keep it in, it doesn't look like it has gotten back to normal size and he thinks it could be causing her the issues I’m seeing with apparent constipation when it really is that she has to strain to get the poop to pass through the swollen intestinal cavity. We put her back on the Metacam last week but she has still continues to go downhill.

Elly's not doing well at all. My husband came running out to the car when I pulled up from work. He just left to go out of town for a business meeting tomorrow and I don't know if Elly will make it through the night. She's that light color, eyes sunk in and opening her mouth allot.

Elly has not been eating on her own for over a week and has continued to need my assistance getting her insides back in after each poop. Dr. Alfonso said she seems to still have a swollen intestinal area where the prolapse occurred. He doesn't think there's anything else that can be done for her as the issue seems to be with the actual intestine. Even if we could keep it in, it doesn't look like it has gotten back to normal size and he thinks it could be causing her the issues I’m seeing with apparent constipation when it really is that she has to strain to get the poop to pass through the swollen intestinal cavity. We put her back on the Metacam last week but she has still continues to go downhill.

I'm so sorry Jann. I'll be keeping you and Elly in my thoughts and prayers.

LPR08

Back
Top Bottom