anyone going to the reptile show in sandiego on june28

Hey Jason, I spoke to a friend in the industry and he recommended the Holiday Inn San Diego Bay on Harbor Drive as being nice and about $129 a night on the weekends, which is probably the least you'll pay for a decent hotel in that area. There are other nice places like the Omni that will start at more like $200 a night. Best bang for your buck would be along hotel circle in Mission Valley. It's close to the trolley which goes right to the venue practically, or is just a few minutes drive from there also. He also recommended checking out or even calling www.sandiegoconcierge.com to get a good idea of what's available too.

Do any of them take misting nozzles in trade? :)

Thanks, Kent. Of course, the weather will be nice and I did have the trailer made with an RV door so we can camp in it. Hmmmmmmmm. I'm thinking I may Priceline a hotel in their Mission Valley/Kearney Mesa area to see if I can get a deal. That's pretty much "Hotel Circle" IIRC.

When I was having to go down to mexico for work they put me up in a Best Western in old town that was pretty nice. Here is the hotel link.

I have no idea how much it is to stay there but if your writing it off at the end of the year.... It was a nice place, the way its laid out and the food in the area is great.

Just an FYI
I got word that the T-Rex "cutting edge herpetological conference"
http://cuttingedgeofherps.com
just got canceled.

They're pushing it back to next year after realizing
it was "too complex" to put on.

But the San Diego Herp society members expo sale will still be happening
for all the local San Diego people...
it might be well worth tripping on down to buy some stuff.

Yeah there's lots of hotels close to stay at.
it shouldn't be a problem.... except for parking
Best to plan on using the trolly to get to the conference and back

Yeah.
Someone that I know heard directly from one of the T-Rex people on that.
Lets just treat it as a strong rumor for now
until they come out with something official.

Yoikes! That HI is wanting $200 a night. :(

For those of you from out of San Diego, be sure to eat at The Crest Cafe at least once. It's one of the best meals I've ever eaten and a must stop for us when we're in town.

http://www.crestcafe.net/

The Butter Burger is the most incredible burger on the planet. It will kill you, but it's so amazingly good.

Oh there's lots of great places to eat in the hillcrest area
Personally I'll be taking a few people to Phil's BBQ
(it's so good they just had to close down the mission hills location !)
here's the googleview of the point loma/sports arena location

Honestly there's cheaper rooms available for under 100 bucks just as close to the show and away from downtown... you'll just have to search them out a bit.

[ IDEA ]
ya'll think that you can get a grouping of people to all stay in one hotel and get a *special rate* for everyone. Group rates are better and if they can rent 10 rooms out to different people at a single shot... they'll certainly knock off quite a bit (30%+).

Does anyone think we can get that organized hummmm?

If you're looking for something to do Saturday night, I just received an email that The Iron Maidens, the world's only female Iron Maiden tribute band, will be playing at Canes. :)

If anyone is in the OC or LA area and wants to hitch a ride with me for Saturday. We can split gas and I'll drive. I live close to where the 5 and 405 meet in Irvine. PM me or post if interested.

Same here super busy! Tomorrow we just gotta clean everything up and pack! For those of you who may be interested here is what ill have at the Tiki Tiki Reptiles booth…

-2 CB sizes of Veild
-CB Mellers
-CB Carpet pair
-CB lil Brev (soooo cute!)
-Nice Jaksons
-Maybe some CB flaps

-Dubia colonies
-FF colonies
-Silk worm cups
-Horn worm cups
-Terrariums for the pygmies
-Picture booth with Mike M. inside.
-Kissing booth with Kent for the ladies.
+The wife’s dragons

=) Swing by and say hello! We are going to be down one of the center rows on an end cap booth (4 tables). Jason with herp mist will also be running his stuff so check it out! We will have his system set up in a few of my cages so you can get an up close look at seeing how his system works. It will be a great time! Can’t wait to put some more faces to the names.

...and I should have some Las Vegas produced poison dart frogs, too! I don't remember what species she will be bringing, but I think some azureus and tincts.

Well since you've posted methinks I will too

this is some of what I'll have available

Animals:
Holdback Ambelobe panther adult from a popular line (colors!)
Sambava panthers Hold back males
Sambava panthers 3 month olds

CB Flap necks
CB Melleri

Veileds
Elvis offspring holdbacks
Elvis 3 month olds

sunburst and turquoise veilds (2 month old)
Dubia colonies (perhaps some hissers too)

Supplies
My own super gutload mix

I'll be bringing in some VERY NICE manzanita branches w/ live STAGHORN MOSS!
(ALL substainally harvested from private property).
screen cages in different sizes

The big thing is that I'll be introducing a THE NEW CHAMELEON PLANT into the community.

It's 100% edible and safe
Fast growing and decorative vine
stems are up to 1.5" thick non woody and able to support adult chameleons without breaking themselves
large and small leaves carry a high water content and are TASTY and nutritious!
Misting produces nice beading on the leaves that makes it easy for your animals to drink their fill
All the animals I've tried this plant with all loved to nibble the green tender shoots
and it can survive in different conditions in different light levels.

I've contracted with a nursery to produce the plants for me exclusively
and will be selling them online after the show
I expect to sell out of the available stock once word gets out.

Stop on by the booth I'll be up towards the front of the show in the center isle.

Now I am more excited than ever. I have been trying not to think about it. Two more days and a couple sleepless nights to go LOL. :D

Back
Top Bottom