Advice on outdoor setups and care

Kam808

About 3 months ago I lost my first jackson's while letting him bask outdoors in a large umbrella tree. He ran off. Well just yesterday we were up in the huge mango tree picking mangos and out of no where he fell out of the tree! Like a 15' drop...but he survived with no apparent injures that I can tell.

Naturally after I lost him, I got another one. Now im stuck with a dilemma as I have no room inside for another enclosure. So im figuring a 260 gal reptarium, with 3 large potted plants and a few bend-a-branch vines should do the trick for decor. But my questions are about the placement of the enclosure, how much natural sunlight they should get, how much shade. I won't be able to run an automatic mister outside, so my misting options are going to be manual 2-3X per day for 10 mins plus ill run a big dripper. Hopefully the natural rain showers will help that.

How much sunlight should hit the cage during the day? I have a nice spot picked out that gets about 4-5 hours of direct sunlight in the morning hours. The afternoon hours when its hotter, the spot is more shady. The average temps here are 75-90 depending on the season. Relative humidity is also pretty optimal..usually ranging from 65-85%.

What should I be aware of or what should I try and account for? I figure it should be kinda easy considering he survived quite well for the last 3 months in our mango tree.

Any advice or things to look out for would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom