A Tribute to Bertha

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
I lost my sweet little panther girl Bertha yesterday. She was the sweetest little pink girl. She loved to come off her tree and hang out. She never refused to climb onto an extended hand and once on you she would lick you as if to taste you. Bertha originally belonged to my daughter but I'd had her on and off for years and full time since March 2011. Bertha was 3 years old and will be very sadly missed.

Bertha shedding and having a superworm snack for her 3rd birthday in Dec.'11

JrandBertha3yrsold1113111742.jpg

Bertha outside April 17, 2011

Chams41711140.jpg

Chams41711136.jpg

Bertha's pretty pinks May 20, 2011

PanthersMay202011113.jpg

PanthersMay202011109.jpg

Bertha sunning in the back yard June 23, 2011

Jannandthepanthers62311095.jpg

Jannandthepanthers62311087.jpg

Bertha 3 years old and shedding December 2011

JrandBertha3yrsold1113111760.jpg

JrandBertha3yrsold1113111757.jpg

JrandBertha3yrsold1113111752.jpg

Aww :( sorry Jann ,if it makes you feel a little better when I get my female panther I'll name her little Bertha, so then I'll have mini Luie , and Bertha :)

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss Jannb. My sincerest condolences.

Too much sadness in your home lately- may the rest of 2012 be uneventful for you.

So sorry Jann!! She was a lovely little girl! You have been posting in this section entirely too often lately. I am sending all my positive energy your way and keeping you in my prayers.

:(:( I am so sorry Jann! Bertha was quite the stunning little lady! I love how she was giving you "the eye" in some of those photos, it is nice you have all the pics to remind you of her! Rest in peace Bertha

i've seen you post here one time to many :( im so sorry you lost your sweet Bertha. hope you feel better soon and that your other chams are doing good.

I'm sorry for your loss Jann.. I know these guys are so very dear to your heart and it must be rough losing them, especially back to back these last few months. I send my sincere condolences... keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. RIP Bertha ♥

Sorry Jann. It always sucks to lose one. She was a sweet lookin little gal. Go give something extra to Padre & Luie today. ;) That will help take your mind off it.

Oh Jann I am so very sorry. My heart just breaks for you. I know you were very worried about her and I had been wondering how she was doing. Please know my heart goes out to you with the loss of another wonderful Cham. I know you are thankful for the time you had with her and I know she couldn't have been happier for the home you gave her. Please know your family is all in my heart and prayers during this very sad time.

Thank you for all the kind words and condolences. It's always hard to loose one of these guys anytime and the sad part is Elly's not completely out of the woods yet. https://www.chameleonforums.com/anyone-experience-female-prolapse-73088/index2.html#post695029 I also can't help but think about Mufasa he's almost 6 and he's had an ongoing RI for a year and a half or longer. Dr. Alfonso and I have even consulted with Dr. Mader and just finished a round of injections last week but he's still puffing out his chin and has a hard time breathing.

Scott, Luie is well and Padre's doing his cool down thing for the winter. It is 80 here today and I'm thinking about getting him out of his room and bringing him in the house with me for awhile to warm up.

Chris, that's so sweet of you to offer to name your future female panther Bertha but I really think since you have a mini Luie that you should wait till you get a female veiled and name her Camille.

so sorry Jann. It just goes to prove you can give them the very best of care and sometimes it is just out of your hands. She lived a life of luxury(in the chameleon world;)) as do the rest of your chams, and you should have some comfort in knowing that. Right now she is probably basking in a beautiful tree with Camille and Joppa:)

Thank you for all the kind words and condolences. It's always hard to loose one of these guys anytime and the sad part is Elly's not completely out of the woods yet. https://www.chameleonforums.com/anyone-experience-female-prolapse-73088/index2.html#post695029 I also can't help but think about Mufasa he's almost 6 and he's had an ongoing RI for a year and a half or longer. Dr. Alfonso and I have even consulted with Dr. Mader and just finished a round of injections last week but he's still puffing out his chin and has a hard time breathing.

Scott, Luie is well and Padre's doing his cool down thing for the winter. It is 80 here today and I'm thinking about getting him out of his room and bringing him in the house with me for awhile to warm up.

Chris, that's so sweet of you to offer to name your future female panther Bertha but I really think since you have a mini Luie that you should wait till you get a female veiled and name her Camille.

Will do :)

Back
Top Bottom