Panther Chameleon is almost always brown

Is this dehydrated? There’s some orange but the academy says that’s ok. I’m paranoid lol.
It’s a bit too much orange for my liking. You could add a mid day misting of about 1 minute and see if that helps. You could also give a hornworm treat a couple of times a week, or some silkworms. Right now if she’s receptive, she probably has more on her mind than drinking enough. ;)

It’s a bit too much orange for my liking. You could add a mid day misting of about 1 minute and see if that helps. You could also give a hornworm treat a couple of times a week, or some silkworms. Right now if she’s receptive, she probably has more on her mind than drinking enough. ;)
ok thanks! She does have a midday cycle, I actually just checked her and she was sitting next to a leaf with water droplets on it ignoring it so...idk I'll keep an eye on it.

One more question, how long should I expect her to stay in the receptive phase?

One more question, how long should I expect her to stay in the receptive phase?
It usually lasts for a couple to a few weeks. She may be laying eggs a few weeks after the receptive phase ends. She’ll get plump and even lumpy looking and may slow down a bit. She may start exploring lower in the enclosure as she looks for a good place to lay her eggs. Some chams stop eating a day or two before laying. Once you see her digging, cover the lower half of the enclosure and make sure she doesn’t see anyone. When she’s done, all of her tunnels will be covered, she’ll be thin again and she’ll be sitting in her favorite branch waiting for food. It takes a day or two from start to finish. If you need more info, just ask.

It usually lasts for a couple to a few weeks. She may be laying eggs a few weeks after the receptive phase ends. She’ll get plump and even lumpy looking and may slow down a bit. She may start exploring lower in the enclosure as she looks for a good place to lay her eggs. Some chams stop eating a day or two before laying. Once you see her digging, cover the lower half of the enclosure and make sure she doesn’t see anyone. When she’s done, all of her tunnels will be covered, she’ll be thin again and she’ll be sitting in her favorite branch waiting for food. It takes a day or two from start to finish. If you need more info, just ask.
Ok! Thanks so much for always answering my questions <3

So, she's been falling a lot too I've noticed, She crawls all over and tries to go places like on the foam on the wall (covered in coco coir) and i've seen her fall several times. Is that to be expected while she's searching for a boy? I'm worried about MBD. She has the recommend UV light about 3 inches above the top of the cage and her basking branch is about 6 inches below the top of the cage. And I dust her crickets with the calcium w/out D3 every feeding. She gets the reptivitamins w/ D3 twice a month. Heres a pic of the distance from her light to the basking branch.

Attachments

• IMG_7714.jpg
    IMG_7714.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 51
Is it only when she’s trying to climb the foam wall that she falls? My male panther tends to fall when he tries to climb his foam wall. I guess it isn’t good for gripping. Maybe try putting some more branches by the foam wall. If she’s falling off branches, that is a concern. When in doubt, a vet visit is always a good idea, even if it’s just for peace of mind.

Is it only when she’s trying to climb the foam wall that she falls? My male panther tends to fall when he tries to climb his foam wall. I guess it isn’t good for gripping. Maybe try putting some more branches by the foam wall. If she’s falling off branches, that is a concern. When in doubt, a vet visit is always a good idea, even if it’s just for peace of mind.
It's hard to tell honestly, because usually I only notice after the thump. She never fell before when she first moved into the cage, it seems like its just been since she started moving around more. I'll keep an eye out so I can see if she's falling off branches. Thanks again :)

She's been exploring the bottom half and digging today!

Back
Top Bottom