9 months head bobbing?

vindicatedornot

So I have had fry for quite awhile and in these past couple months he's become sexually mature. Seen a few sperm plugs here and there and he has been pacing A LOT. But today he threw colors I have never seen and he started head bobbing. It was very funny to watch.

Is it normal for them to do this without seeing a female? I was wearing a pretty colorful shirt. Do they ever react like that to clothing?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

Probably more territorial than anything, but who knows. I've had all number of species, and both sexes, of chameleons head-bob at me out of nowhere. I remember one female Oustalet's that would do it almost everytime I opened her cage door. In the absence of other male or female pardalis to display to, you're the next best thing. :) I adopted a 5.5 year old male that hadn't seen other pardalis since he was a baby. He would head-bob and display at my dog and a male veiled seemingly because he didn't know what he was supposed to fight or romance with.

Hmm, very interesting. Thanks!

Well I'm glad fry likes me so much :D Makes sense though. He hasn't seen another cham since he was 3 months. Poor guy must be clueless.

-ANdrea

Pretty normal....

It's pretty normal. I also think some males have more "drive" than others. I've go enough of them to see very distinct differences. I've got one dude that started bobbing at about 4 months. He bobs every day and bobs at me a lot no matter what I wear. He will also color up at me. He's a little breeding machine now.

never had my cham do it, but my girl is really shy and dosile, my male anoles do it all the time though.

at 6 months old, my panther Splat has just started to leave me gifts on his basking vine.

no head bobing thank god. :D

Harry

Back
Top Bottom